R380 + LS

AdamSanta85

FYI you can open Ashcroft's calculator in Developer Tools and remove the disabled attribute from the HTML input elements and then you are free to mess with the transmission gear ratio values... I am not terribly knowledgable about this stuff but with the 1.4 transfer case on the GT-500 tranny it doesn't look that crazy... Looks like the Ford Falcon Ute tranny would be better for us but I doubt they are as available... I imagine an LS could pull fine in 6th at 2200 @ 70, if not drop to 5th and away you go.

I can't imagine why an extra 155+ ft lbs of torque and 213 horsepower couldn't over come the gear rpm differences, especially all motor power

This setup with a 1.2 T-case does not look as nice with 1879rpm @ 70 in 6th. The 1.6 transfer case actually looks pretty awesome at 2628 @ 70

Calling Red90, learn me

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremec_TR-6060_transmission

http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/calc/ratio_calc.html

GT-500 ratios, 1.4 t-case, stock axle 3.54, 33.3 (255 KM2) tire size
xv3t8lL.png

OsStQIq.png

Current setup - R380 Shortbellhousing 44A with .732 taller 5th, 1.4 t-case, 33.3" tire
pEY4kaO.png

nbdVccZ.png

GT-500 ratios, 1.6 t-case, stock axle 3.54, 33.3 (255 KM2) tire size
K4B76bx.png

8idiGqV.png

AdamSanta85

I just sent Andrew from LRA an email about his setup. I also invited him here to post, hopefully he chimes in. I really hope this works out. Otherwise I will likely just go autotragic.

AdamSanta85

Spoke to Rakeway today on phone. Very helpful and educated me on a few things I didn't even consider. Waiting on a quote from them. They can do a T56 Magnum setup that will do what we need and land the shifter basically where we want it. This is the setup ECD is using on some of their LS trucks. They had to do custom shifter setup for the T-case. If you look at ECD's manual trucks you will see they use 2 T-case levers, one for Hi/Low and other for the locker. They said you need to be very gentle with low range usage otherwise things can go boom. With the power of an LS I don't think I need low range at all anyway.

I am also exchanging some emails with LRA. He has 3 trucks running T56. He said they totally rip.

Rakeway setup, note the 2 protruding transfer case levers
2017-ecd---defender-90-honey-badger-034a---deremer-studios-llc.webp

AdamSanta85

Ok I have spoken with both Rakeway and LRA. Both extremely professional, helpful, and knowledgeable . Unfortunately to do either setup is going to run between $5k-$9k for not counting engine + mounts etc and require more fabrication than going with Nicks kit. I do not have the budget for that, if I did I am sure it would be awesome.

Pretty sure I am going to be putting a 6L80E in my truck with either a Gen IV 5.3 or 6.2 Vortec engine. Hoping to pick up an engine and maybe tranny next month with build starting in November after the good weather. I've already got my Uncle Douglas tunnel adapter, first part of many...