New headliner material - Ripple Grey

CDN38

I have available brand new Genuine Ripple Grey headliner material to re-cover headliners for Defender 110's, 90's, single and double cabs.

The new material does not have the sponge foam backing on it (which is the cause for all the sagging headliners) As the foam breaks down from heat, in a few years it releases and your headliner is done! This material has a spun polyester backing which is more stable and resistant to heat, and breakdown from glue.

Photos below show the face, and backing, as well, a piece of the material held in place on the roof of my Td5 for comparison.

Cost is $35 per yard.

110 requires 5.5 yards ($192)
90's and double cabs require 3.6 yards ($126)

Shipping additional

Attachments

• FACE.jpg
    FACE.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 456
  • FRONTBACK.jpg
    FRONTBACK.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 491
  • NEW-OLD.jpg
    NEW-OLD.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 581

CDN38

I have another roll of material en-route to arrive late in the week.

If you are looking for material to re-upholster your headliner, just let me know!

CDN38

It's the exact same material used at the Factory. Only difference is now they have the polyester backing which won't rot and release like the sponge foam does.

The photo below is a truck that I supplied the headliner material for, and the rear speaker panel as well. (looking for people for the fall group buy on the panels) He stripped the old material off the biscuit and had a local upholsterer apply the new material. These headliners look nice when they aren't sagging and falling apart!

Attachments

• liner.jpg
    liner.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 2,041

BarryO

I got some today and yes it's a perfect match. Scott does a great job in packaging, too; it comes in a roll, not folded up where you have to deal with creases in order to use it.

CDN38

Thanks Barry! I like to make sure everything is properly packaged for safe travel.

I still have some material left. Probably 2 or maybe 3 110's or 4 enough for 90's.

CDN38

I'm now out of headliner material, but if there's enough interest I will bring in more in a couple weeks.

If you would be considering re-covering your headliner over the next few months, please let me know so I have an idea of how much material I should carry.

No commitment to purchase, I'm just trying to determine need.

Thanks!

GynormousMellon

I'm now out of headliner material, but if there's enough interest I will bring in more in a couple weeks.

If you would be considering re-covering your headliner over the next few months, please let me know so I have an idea of how much material I should carry.

No commitment to purchase, I'm just trying to determine need.

Thanks!
I'm in..... I have a 110.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mitherial

Thanks to the OP for offering this . The pictures posted above of the final results look very nice; has everyone had good results taking this material to their local upholster, and what (ballpark) should I expect them to charge?

How about the sun shades and the rear piece below the main rear headliner (pictured above with speakers mounted)? In my D90, that latter piece is covered with headliner fabric too.

CDN38

The headliner in the photo above was done by a local upholstery shop in Vancouver. They are a bit old school, and do a lot of custom work.

A cookie cutter type shop (one that just upholsters seats with pre-made covers) may not be your best bet for this type of work. You need someone that has some experience with custom upholstery. Expect to be in around the $300 - $400 range for the complete job.

The kits I sell have enough material to cover the rear panel above the rear door, as well as all 3 (if you have a 110, or 2 if you have a 90) roof panels. Or... you could purchase one of the speaker panels instead (shameless plug! more than willing to do bundle pricing if anyone would like to do the headliner and speaker panel together).

As for the visors, they are plastic seam welded. It's a different process, not sure if they can be re-covered, or it just may be best to replace. I do have access to matching Genuine ones.

signalMTB

Is this still being marketed/sold? also, how's poeple's luck/outcomes been with added dynamat to the roof? Helpful if just added there in terms of heat and noise? Enough space to fit dynamat in between headliner and roof with no issues?

CDN38

I still have headliner stock available. There is plenty of room between the biscuit and the inside of the roof for dynamat, no space issues. I have installed dynamat in several Defenders with a very noticeable difference after in sound reduction. Results are only further improved
if you dynamat other areas as well.

DMat1.jpegDmat2.jpeg

FluByU

Any idea how much would be needed to recover a truck cab? I have a Hicap and want to do the top and all 3 side pieces.

CDN38

FluByU, 1 panel would cover the headliner portion ( the material panels are 66 x 57) and I have additional pieces that I can provide for the side panel coverage. If you PM me with the size of the panels, and your shipping address, I can work it all out for you.

Bostondave

I may have asked this to the group before, but, 1) is there a how-to for removing the original headliner from 97 NAS? 2)has anyone in MA/RI replaced theirs or has plans to that could recommend an upholstery shop or care to show your results in person? Thanks

CDN38

If it hasn't already started falling off the biscuit, gently pull to release the rotting foam and glue (after removing the panels from the roof). Then you need to scrape and sand the biscuit to get a good solid clean smooth surface to glue the new material to.

A fair number of forum members have redone their headliners. Some have gone the DIY route, and some have taken it to upholsterers. You should PM BarryO, I think he did his himself.

BarryO

I may have asked this to the group before, but, 1) is there a how-to for removing the original headliner from 97 NAS?

The RAVE manual has a removal procedure that in involves taking out the interior roll bar and then removing it through the rear door.

Another option is just taking off the roof and getting access to it that way. Since I was having the rood painted anyway, that's what we did.

BarryO

A fair number of forum members have redone their headliners. Some have gone the DIY route, and some have taken it to upholsterers. You should PM BarryO, I think he did his himself.

I took the liners and the new material to a local upholstery shop and had them do the re-covering.

CDN38

Down to the last of my inventory. All I have remaining in stock is enough for a D90. I may look at bringing in more material in late spring if there's enough interest.

I also have a couple pieces that are slightly smaller than enough to do a full panel.

If you are interested in the last D90 set, please PM me.