Suspension height check

WreckITFrank

Technical Excellence Contributor
Good day all,
Would someone kindly check their heights and let me know where you are at with it? I want to see if my 90 has stock height springs.

1991 D90 200tdi, stock bumpers, no seats in tub, 235/85 tires.

Took a yardstick and held on back edge of roof out to the right side, 81" to bottom of stick. Likewise on the front, held on fender, 45 inches to bottom of stick. Thanks.

The Dro

Illustrious
I have TF medium duty springs with BFG AT KO 235/85 tires. Rear tire carrier in the back.

Measurement to the wheel arch is:

Front 35"
Rear 36-1/2"

WreckITFrank

I have TF medium duty springs with BFG AT KO 235/85 tires. Rear tire carrier in the back.

Measurement to the wheel arch is:

Front 35"
Rear 36-1/2"

Thanks, ill check against that later tonight. I will also measure my springs. Was looking for colors but the PO painted over them.

WreckITFrank

I don't have my front arches on right now, but the rears are a bit over 37" to the ground. Some height might be from new tires, and no rear carrier, but I'm guessing it's a bit higher than stock. Not sure how TF mediums compare.

The better half is sick of sitting on the rear of the 90 so I can pull out. Next garage will be 9'. Might source some genuine springs somewhere.

Red90

Stock is around 33.5" front, 34 to 35" rear depending on load and configuration, phase of the moon and your mood. While checking spring heights, measure the rear shocks, top of bushing to pin. With that height, you can be close to the extension travel unless longer shocks have been put in.

WreckITFrank

Solved. Found the culprit, was right in front of me but didn't know what I was looking at. Another gift from the PO.

e8b39958709490769f35ac818666fcb6.jpg

TravelinLight

I am from the south originally. Some folks back in the day would make a body lift out of Hockey Pucks. I have seen worse.