BEAUTIFUL NAS 90 spotted in Dewey Beach, anybody here?

hillstrubl

Founding Member
crossposted here

Attachments

• NAS90_1.jpg
    NAS90_1.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 280
  • NAS90_2.jpg
    NAS90_2.jpg
    599.9 KB · Views: 262

vintagepatina

94 converted to 95 rear lights, with a very heavy respray coat on at least the rear quarters.

edit, the badge comes up as a 95 AA yellow soft top despite the front marker lights.

LRNAD90

crossposted here

I'm not on Facebook, so can't see what is there..

Nice touch painting the winch hook the body color. :)

Hook actually came that color..

94 converted to 95 rear lights, with a very heavy respray coat on at least the rear quarters.

edit, the badge comes up as a 95 AA yellow soft top despite the front marker lights.

It's a '95, I changed over the front lights when I put the SG bumper on it back in '97..

Respray? I've owned the truck since early '97, it's never had any work done that I am aware of..

vintagepatina

interesting. the heavy paint on the rivets on the rear corner cappings is typically evidence of a respray. as are the black painted rivet heads on the plaque if you go by ECR's gospel but i question if that is true or not as i so rarely see them with unpainted rivets.

BarryO

Vintage - are you suggesting that the plaque rivets were not black from the factory?

I don't think they were. Mine weren't. But the black paint on the plaque did fade over time. I think some plaques were resprayed in place, with the flat surface then sanded bare. But that didn't get the rivets; also as seen in this case, the serial numbers got some paint in them as well. Just a guess.

Bostondave

That’s a goood point about the stamped numbers being painted. Rivets on my truck are mostly painted. I’ve scraped some of the paint off a couple of them while trying to remove some oxidation.
I plan to pop off the badge and really clean it (repaint perhaps) and reattach with black rivets.