Help identify this early shift turret

Napalm00

Technical Excellence Contributor
Can't find this guy in any parts book I have back to 87.

No bias springs to be seen.

Attachments

• IMG_20180827_101434.jpg
    IMG_20180827_101434.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_20180827_101420.jpg
    IMG_20180827_101420.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 227

NPT90

weird, never seen anything like it.

You can buy the whole assembly with springs for pretty short money, is that an LT77?

Napalm00

Yea it's an lt77 and I have a replacement tower and everything ...just wanna know ! Baffled

NPT90

Could be a homemade swap from something else in the trans group. Who knows where they got it from. Probably a number of vehicles in the breaker yard with a similar shift turret setup.

I'd ditch it at any rate, or keep it on a shelf for eternity ;)

Napalm00

Syncrogearboxes told me what's up. It's an early 50a lt77 shift tower only found in one ton rated 110s. Was the hd version. Very obsolete but functional.

mitherial

I was just looking at this on my truck; both of the Brookland reprint workshop manuals that I have (thick white cover full edition and thin dark green cover ?owners edition?) start at 1983 with the very first 110s and show drawings that looks like that turret on early LT77 models: no bias spring, and there should be non-adjustable plungers on both reverse and the fifth gear sides of the gear change assembly (as opposed to the adjustable reverse plunger and 5th gear stop-screw on the later models).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mitherial

That being said, these may have only been fitted with HD (or MOD?) models ? the James Taylor book may say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napalm00

I can't remember off the top of my head if the stops are adjustable.

I can tell you that to convert it I need a special washer frc7886 that has a bevel on it to retain the shift rod . It's cheap but $20 shipping on washer has me looking around . I'm going to put up a wanted post , maybe someone has a destroyed trans I can get it off of

Napalm00

Thar she blows ! I. Gonna call defenders nw and see if they have a junk trans I can get these parts from .