Parts SOS - stranded on Rubicon

xplorutah

Posted from G&R
SOS! BADVIBES needs parts
I posted it here as this section seems to be watched the best. The Albuquerque crew got a hold of me to try to get something going for them.

Badvibes is currently on the Rubicon and his 1991 or 92 Classic is busted on the trail. BV posted up his intentions here on the forum before they left.

His friends got ahold of me to try to get some parts so they can do a Rover rescue before the Coyotes get him!

Parts needed...
Rear:
1) 24 spline Axle set from a D1. Prefer HD. If not HD they would like two stock sets to have a spare setup.

Front:
1) Need a 10 spline diff, preferably with a trutrac. If not then a 10 spline will work.
2) Also needed is a HD tie rod with new or serviceable ends. If not that, then just a new set of tie rod ends.
3) Also need front axles with cv joints attached.

If no one local can help they are requesting an overnight or 1-day fedex so they can get back out there and do the rescue. Any help is appreciated. Please PM me if you can help and I can put you in touch with the guys.

Drew

Red90

If they are putting in a new front diff, halfshafts and CV joints (can't imagine why you need everything?) then why not change to 24 spline?

xplorutah

If they are putting in a new front diff, halfshafts and CV joints (can't imagine why you need everything?) then why not change to 24 spline?

Not sure. Don't want to run into anything interesting so bolting back in the same stuff is safe? IDK.

Everything because they are unsure at this time if the diff has gone, or the CV's. Getting both to be safe.

Red90

If it is 10 spline with a Truetrac it will be the shafts. Easy to determine in the field with a truetrac be spinning wheels.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
Pft.... dude, just roll in two wheel drive, no problem. Rubicon.... pfffffft!! Whatev.

lithium1330

Technical Excellence Contributor
Callsign: KM6FDG
Check your PM...
And are these guys on HAM - in case they're out of cell coverage?

Posted from G&R
SOS! BADVIBES needs parts
I posted it here as this section seems to be watched the best. The Albuquerque crew got a hold of me to try to get something going for them.

Badvibes is currently on the Rubicon and his 1991 or 92 Classic is busted on the trail. BV posted up his intentions here on the forum before they left.

His friends got ahold of me to try to get some parts so they can do a Rover rescue before the Coyotes get him!

Parts needed...
Rear:
1) 24 spline Axle set from a D1. Prefer HD. If not HD they would like two stock sets to have a spare setup.

Front:
1) Need a 10 spline diff, preferably with a trutrac. If not then a 10 spline will work.
2) Also needed is a HD tie rod with new or serviceable ends. If not that, then just a new set of tie rod ends.
3) Also need front axles with cv joints attached.

If no one local can help they are requesting an overnight or 1-day fedex so they can get back out there and do the rescue. Any help is appreciated. Please PM me if you can help and I can put you in touch with the guys.

Drew

xplorutah

Update

Two are in South Lake Tahoe. And have cell. Ham, not sure if they are using them this trip.

Parts have been arranged and a RURR to get them out there is happening so they don't have to wait another day for overnighted stuff.
Thanks for the help!
Drew

badvibes

Just for some closure...

Didn't see this post earlier...

With the help of XplorUtah, Don & Tim from the NORCAL LRO, my buddy Scott, and the RURR, I did make it off the Rubicon. My thanks and appreciation go out to all who came to my aid. If you want to give up 20 minutes of your life you'll never get back here's a link to the trip report.

http://gunsandrovers.com/showthread.php?t=11026

pmatusov

Technical Excellence Contributor
Callsign: AK6PM
No, never mind.
Your trip report stirred some memories!
Don Happel's roofless Disco was also present in those.