If you were to sell your truck...

AdamSanta85

If you were to sell your truck, how would you do it? I am considering the possibility of parting with my D90. I am not a fan of how forum for sale ad's tend to go, so that is out as is CL.

Bring A Trailer? Seems to bring good money

Consignment to a local dealer?

Napalm00

Technical Excellence Contributor
Bat is good but expect a bunch of self informed experts to weigh in. Be prepared to answer questions quickly and succinctly.

Detail the truck and have a seminpro take pics of it

WreckITFrank

If you were to sell your truck, how would you do it? I am considering the possibility of parting with my D90. I am not a fan of how forum for sale ad's tend to go, so that is out as is CL.

What, going for a 110? New project...?

AdamSanta85

Bat is good but expect a bunch of self informed experts to weigh in. Be prepared to answer questions quickly and succinctly.

Yea that is what I don't like about the forums too. I have full confidence in my truck and the work I have done to it with nothing to hide, I just hate tire kickers. Some people take their real life shitty day's out on the internet for no reason sometimes.

Detail the truck and have a seminpro take pics of it

That was the plan. I also need to make a list of the work I have done to it.

AdamSanta85

What, going for a 110? New project...?

I dunno, I am not even 100% on this yet. I put a ton of time, effort, and money into this thing. I love my D90 and at this point I have it exactly where I want it. It runs and drives and looks perfect (to me). It would annoy me to see someone with a bunch of money be able to just walk into something that I had to achieve via blood and sweat, but I guess that's life. So much time spent tracking down that little part only I notice or stopping that minor rattle that only I could hear.

For now, thinking about selling my 2010 Xterra, selling Defender, buying a clean LR3 for like $10kish and making it into a daily driver/fun truck with some simple mods. We are considering moving out of state at some point, having a child, and I would like to travel more. Just simplifying my life for the time being and freeing up cash which will give me the ability to do whatever I want.

At some point I would get a Defender again. I also want a 911 and a boat.

WreckITFrank

I dunno, I am not even 100% on this yet. I put a ton of time, effort, and money into this thing. I love my D90 and at this point I have it exactly where I wanted it, runs and drives and looks perfect (to me).

For now, thinking about selling my 2010 Xterra, selling Defender, buying a clean LR3 for like $10kish and making it into a daily driver/fun truck with some simple mods. We are considering moving out of state at some point, having a child, and I would like to travel more. Just simplifying my life for the time being and freeing up cash which will give me the ability to do whatever I want.

At some point I would get a Defender again. I also want a 911 and a boat.

I can dig that. An LR3 was my first, and until my Defender, my only Rover. Loved it, owned new from 06-16. Was getting tired and travel killed me with 250-275 miles to the tank. If I could get an LR3/4 with a Diesel, I would be all over it. I considered looking at the new Disco, but have some design anxiety. Tech is awesome, engine is awesome, and reviews state it way more capable than ill ever need....
anyway, good luck.

Napalm00

Biggest issue with bat is that some of the posters there who frequent the defender auctions don't own one. There are so many times they spout absolutely incorrect info pertianing to engine swaps, import docs and replacement frames.

Frankly I'd start on the forums asking your premium price for a week or two , then to eBay for some free advertising then bat. Keep the ad similar and have your ducks in row.

Don't post any pricing deviations

Sorry to cya go

rlynch356

Pretty much what he said above ... & I'd rethink the boat, mine was free and is still a money pit.. granted its an 88' Mark Twain with a 350 in it and for a ski boat its kinda huge... tolerable since it was a free boat.

oh and i have that built up LR3 too.. big nice and comfy but the mileage sucks.. my next truck will be a land cruiser 200 series and just drive it well into the 200K miles mark

MountainD

I saw the lexus model of the 200 series built up when I was out camping. On 37" tires, equiped through a place here in CO called Slee Offroad. It was beyond sweet. I don't blame you...

xplorutah

I too am working through how I would sell mine to make room for an inbound vintage Alfa in the garage. I will keep a close eye on this thread.

Last edited:

The Dro

Illustrious

I've used both the Forums and CL to sell mine.

1of40

Sounds like you might be getting bored. Funny, I went from a 72 911S to NAS 90. I was getting bored with the 911 because 1. there just was no place to really play with it and 2. it was all dialed in and there wasn't anything else I needed to do to it. Plus, once kids come along there wasn't as much me, myself and I time. What I liked about the 90 was I could use it for everything and not worry about it aging. Wow, that was 20 years ago. Good lord, I'm old timer.

AdamSanta85

I?d say yours is much nicer than that.

That feels good coming from someone that has been in and driven my truck.

If anyone here who reads this is potentially into my truck, I am willing to change up any mods you don't like or happy to install anything that you would want instead. Everything but the SD roll bar is reversible.

Tomaco1

It’s not even close, original 200tdi, with mods of course, cage, stock wheel arches, the new Ashcroft R380 and transfer case and best of all, the “Boosts”

Noyac40

It?s not even close, original 200tdi, with mods of course, cage, stock wheel arches, the new Ashcroft R380 and transfer case and best of all, the ?Boosts?

X2, This is one of those trucks you have to see in person to understand immaculate it is.
wait.......Tomaco got to drive it? What's a brother gotta do?