Looking to Get New Insurance

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
...that moment when you realize you are paying more per year than you spent in buying the whole car...

We are wanting to switch over all our cars to get some savings:
Son is starting to drive now.
1995 RRC
1988 110 (Some companies have told me they won't cover it.)
1965 IIa 88
2008 GL320

What would you recommend?

The_Vermonster

Liberty Mutual gave me a good rate for 2 daily drivers and the 110.

Hagerty gave me the best rate until I told them it wasn't going to be stored in a garage. Then they refused to insure it.

javelinadave

Administrator
Staff member
State Farm is who I have used my whole adult life for all my insurance needs. Zero issues and currently have an agreed value for my 110.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
We have always had State Farm, but when we looked at the difference on three of our cars (can't compare the Defender with the online systems they have) and then added my son as a student driver, we were still paying $600 more per year at State Farm than at the other places.

rovercolorado

We have always had State Farm, but when we looked at the difference on three of our cars (can't compare the Defender with the online systems they have) and then added my son as a student driver, we were still paying $600 more per year at State Farm than at the other places.
I thought the same thing when last year I bought my Defender I was shopping around and online the costs looked better. Once I got a few callbacks from a couple of companies the story was different. I have also been with State Farm for my whole adult life.

Nick&Nora

I have Chubb agreed value for my ROW 110. I also have my apartment and a liability policy with them. When my freshly gut-renovated apartment was flooded by my upstairs neighbor, Chubb was awesome. We had to move out for three months and the claim was WELL into six figures. They were outstanding.

They estimated a value of the truck from a handful of documents, and that value was very, very fair.

Nick&Nora

I assume agreed value means they do a market analysis and inspection?

I gave my agent my VIN, sent him to clifton.nl to decode it, and provided my import docs and bill of sale for the vehicle and a few things that got bolted on in the UK, plus the import expenses. Re-reading the correspondence from the time, I suggested a value, and ultimately they accepted it. They quoted me sight unseen, but asked for a variety of pictures after the fact. At one point they were going to send someone to look at it, but in the end they were happy with the photos.

Caveat: Chubb wouldn't quote agreed value alone (ie, without, for example, homeowners). I was told that if I didn't want to bundle, Progressive and Geico were competitive for Actual Cash Value, at least in NY.