Which radiator

LRNAD90

On the D1 and D2 LR installed pusher electric fans to run when demand called for it. Usually when the AC was on. The puller engine fan presumably wasn't enough to keep things cool.
Presumebaly the RRC was the same way. Not sure what they did with more new fangled LR3/4

NAS spec defenders were the same way..

bkeef

with dual a/c he should have condensor fans in front and an engine cooling fan behind the radiator pulling.
A single fan will never handle all of that need.
Engine fan controlled by ECU, condensor fans on when compressor is running.
With Dual a/c are there two condensors ? Sounds like air flow to radiator is blocked @ hwy speed.
The radiator sounds like it is dropping coolant temp quickly. Problem is airflow-more cfm captain

Yep. Needs more air. Think i found the culprit. When the shop mounted the motor, the oil cooler HX was in the way of the steering box. The removed that and installed an oil cooler coil. Its also mounted upstream of the condenser coil.
Hot oil coil preheating the air isnt helping matters at all. Rough calcs is that i could be seeing north of 130/140F entering air temps into the new radiator.

before i discovered the oil cooler deal, i broke down and ordered a heritage type grill with the aircon stand off panel and lower stainless screen. Existing was KBX which had minimal free area. Oh well., guess ill have it leftover for another project,.

We did a test run without front grill and were running 207F on highway, both ac units, 60-70 mph, running hills, 98F. All coils i noticed are stacked tight. New grill will let me space this out a bit . That oil cooler is gonna move.. hell its 12x12 which has to be throwing some serious heat off.

More soon! Parts hopefully in late next week, ordered from Rimmers as they have been decently quick.

- like the idea of adding push fans too if this aint working. Cant imagine this motor runs that hot otherwise. Motor turns an ass of boost 20/30PSI.

BK

Napalm00

Technical Excellence Contributor
You actually want all of these units stacked close to another. The further the space in between them the less efficient that the fans are. They should be nearly touching for the fans to be effective

If it's a possibility you can move the oil cooler into the engine bay and put its own thermostatic fan on it.

MountainD

Technical Excellence Contributor
If it's a possibility you can move the oil cooler into the engine bay and put its own thermostatic fan on it.

I think I found a decent home for my remote cooler up above the transmission (offset to drivers side) where the tub and the seat box connect--a lot of room up there...