LS / Puma Equipped Rolling Chassis (Anyone Interested)

Oilburner

Not nitpicking - This is a great idea and great that you are trying to keep it looking OEM - But I think a 6 speed would really improve the package. As mentioned a 6L80 has 5 detent positions. The LR automatic shifter isn't very complicated, I have not been into one is some time, but I remember the rooster comb (detent profile) being a removable piece. Maybe create a new profile with the 5 detent positions and produce new labels? Having a clean looking OE solution would be very cool. If you could integrate the tap shift button into the solution it would put you a cut above anyone else doing this sort of thing.

nmarkiw

Not nitpicking - This is a great idea and great that you are trying to keep it looking OEM - But I think a 6 speed would really improve the package. As mentioned a 6L80 has 5 detent positions. The LR automatic shifter isn't very complicated, I have not been into one is some time, but I remember the rooster comb (detent profile) being a removable piece. Maybe create a new profile with the 5 detent positions and produce new labels? Having a clean looking OE solution would be very cool. If you could integrate the tap shift button into the solution it would put you a cut above anyone else doing this sort of thing.

The 5th detent is not assigned. The truck shifters don't even allow movement into that position.
PRNDM21

SMac

It?s been a while, but wondering if there was any movement on this front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

safarihp

We had to put this project on hold for the better part of last year. We ended up moving to a much larger shop and had to keep timelines with our current builds. We have re-tabled this and are currently in the process of getting prices.
Also, we have transitioned to the 6L80 and no longer use the 4L80.
Stay tuned...