NAS-ROW - The Land Rover Defender Forum  

Go Back   NAS-ROW - The Land Rover Defender Forum > NAS-ROW Technical Forums > Defender Technical Discussions

Old 03-21-2018, 07:36 AM   #11
AdamSanta85

Member Trucks

If you have anymore ill take one too. I am getting pigeon holed into going auto.
AdamSanta85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:20 AM   #12
Uncle Douglas

No. Sold out and then had people sending paypals a week or two later for non existent adapters. I said last run was going to be the last run but I now need more myself. I got burned by many who asked me to make them one and then declined to pay for them when finished, fortunately I had enough back up/wait list buyers in line. Because of how that went I'm not feeling as gracious and charming as usual . I also had a pair of tithonus soft top cross bars made on my dime for someone who requested I do that. That was in December. They are still stashed leaning against the wall behind the door in my dining room, not paid for and not shipped, there's a story behind that but do you see the pattern ?
Stock piling parts for a someday in the future diy request isn't the business we are in, and makes little business model sense. Brian @ Defenders NW is your huckleberry for that sort of thing, god bless him. He may have a few tunnel adapters still available, ping him.

Right now I have my fab shop making r380 floor plates in slightly thicker material than original. We also have a plastics manufacturer in Ohio working on a mold to make the now NLA r380 transmission tunnels, y'all will be needing. Need to sell a bunch (50) of those to recoup setup costs.

My motives are self serving, making this stuff for the trucks we are building for clients.

Happy to help out forum diy'ers if its not a pita.
The second I get snippy retail type comments I just move on, its not the business I'm in and you just killed my willingness, hopefully thats understandable. I'm self employed, this is my day job, my time is how I get paid.

We have two business's going. The export/shipment/and US importation business for clients whom have found 25 yr old collector cars somewhere outside the US. Given time zone differences with the rest of the world, afternoons,evenings, and weekends are spent doing Defender restoration and modification work.

I'm not into manufacturing and or retailing parts and may hand off to one of our favorite vendors to let them handle a package deal that would include: floor plates, a seatbox tunnel adapter, a GRP tunnel, and then the bulkhead to r380 tunnel adapter, for now that part is still avilable from LR.

The floor plates can be bought from YRM etc but shipping them over pair by pair makes little sense, for us anyway. Anyone with hand tools can make a set of floors but we are all about having the correct plastic nutserts etc which require the squares be punched in etc.

Vehicle Shipment and Import
Logistics Services Worldwide

Defender Restoration and Modification
Located in Central Virginia
Uncle Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Douglas For This Useful Post:
nas90tdi (03-21-2018), Smwilk (03-29-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 11:50 AM   #13
AdamSanta85

Member Trucks

Ok well if you end up making more I am happy to pre-pay for it. If I say I want something, I don't flake out.

Sorry to hear you are getting jerked around by people. A lot of people say a lot of things until it comes time to hand over money. Been there done that.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:02 PM   #14
Uncle Douglas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSanta85 View Post
Sorry to hear you are getting jerked around by people. A lot of people say a lot of things until it comes time to hand over money. Been there done that.
Yes, quite an eye opener.

Will let you know when he makes more. It goes two ways, I have him make as many as he can get out of a full sheet of aluminum and get one price. Or I have him buy a half sheet of material and have him make a few and eat the price of the rest of the material.

Vehicle Shipment and Import
Logistics Services Worldwide

Defender Restoration and Modification
Located in Central Virginia
Uncle Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Douglas For This Useful Post:
AdamSanta85 (03-21-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 11:04 AM   #15
Topperkenobi

Member Trucks

Doug,
I am willing to get those soft top bars from your dining room if you want to.

Adam,
I can sell you the adaptor that I got from Doug for the cost he sold it to me if you are interested. My used beatbox wasn't that bad so I didn't have a use for it.

Juan
Topperkenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Topperkenobi For This Useful Post:
AdamSanta85 (03-22-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 11:15 AM   #16
AdamSanta85

Member Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topperkenobi View Post
I can sell you the adaptor that I got from Doug for the cost he sold it to me if you are interested. My used beatbox wasn't that bad so I didn't have a use for it.
Sold
Old 03-23-2018, 10:28 AM   #17
DefendersNW

Member Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Stock piling parts for a someday in the future diy request isn't the business we are in, and makes little business model sense. Brian @ Defenders NW is your huckleberry for that sort of thing, god bless him. He may have a few tunnel adapters still available, ping him.

I'm not into manufacturing and or retailing parts and may hand off to one of our favorite vendors to let them handle a package deal that would include: floor plates, a seatbox tunnel adapter, a GRP tunnel, and then the bulkhead to r380 tunnel adapter, for now that part is still avilable from LR.
Thanks for the kind words - I do have a couple adaptors on the shelf that are not yet assigned to projects. (If you have a need Doug you always have first "dibs" on what I've got)

Your run fell in-between our run and let me push back production on our adaptors the end of a busy year. Happy to take the lead on the next set as we are in the Defender parts for DIY's business...
DefendersNW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:05 AM   #18
HAB

I?m looking for a seat box adapter and a R380 tunnel for a auto conversion. Doug just told me his are still a couple weeks out. Anyone have a set that they want part with?

Thanks
Martijn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HAB is offline   Reply With Quote