Time to replace transmission... Stumpy R380 ooo la la

AdamSanta85

You let a Firestone shop swap your transmission?

It's not a Firestone, its my best friends shop Taurus Automotive. He's an excellent mechanic and fabricator. Job went perfect. He let me help. The Firestone sign has been on the building since early 1900's and felt bad taking it down when he bought it.

If anyone local needs work done he can do anything on these trucks.

Also shout out to Tomaco for loaning me a spare speed sensor.

RDavisinVA

Technical Excellence Contributor
It's not a Firestone, its my best friends shop Taurus Automotive. He's an excellent mechanic and fabricator. Job went perfect. He let me help. The Firestone sign has been on the building since early 1900's and felt bad taking it down when he bought it.

If anyone local needs work done he can do anything on these trucks.

Also shout out to Tomaco for loaning me a spare speed sensor.

Tomaco is good people.

ghoregon

Great thread/truck. Have you done your master cylinder yet? If not, you may want to consider Lav's Dorman MC kit from SDO. It's plug & play and a nice upgrade.

AdamSanta85

Great thread/truck. Have you done your master cylinder yet? If not, you may want to consider Lav's Dorman MC kit from SDO. It's plug & play and a nice upgrade.

That is the one part I have not changed (slave and clutch line got changed). I have a Delphi master cylinder sitting here, we just ran out of time on install day. The current one in the truck is an English "Girling" brand that is holding for now... When it starts to fail I will either install the Delphi or spring for the SDO Dorman kit. The SDO kit looks REALLY nice. Heck, everything he sells is really nice...

DiscoDavis

Adam,

What slave cylinder did you end up going with? Got a stumpy that was fitted to a 1990 way before I got hands on it, looks like an LT77 type slave, which makes sense as the existing clutch lines for that year would fit the LT77 but not the R380 (read: later type slave cylinder) line fittings?

Thanks

Davis

AdamSanta85

bluegrassAV8R

Engine mounts for 3.9 NAS 90

I ordered new genuine mounts for my NAS 90 and they appear to have smaller diameter post than what is currently on the truck. Are the studs on the 4.0/4.2 larger? If so, then P.O. must have installed the later mounts.The current nuts are 18mm and the new genuine nuts are 16mm.

Thanks

Classic4X4

Thread revival here - I’ve been scouring the internet for a definitive answer - 200tdi LT77 to stumpy r380:

Does the slave cylinder pushrod need to be changed to FTC4229 or is the stock LT77 push rod (mine is 90mm) correct?

Sounds like Adam used his original push rod.

My 90mm push rod sounds longer than almost every other option

Z.G

Engine mounts for 3.9 NAS 90

I ordered new genuine mounts for my NAS 90 and they appear to have smaller diameter post than what is currently on the truck. Are the studs on the 4.0/4.2 larger? If so, then P.O. must have installed the later mounts.The current nuts are 18mm and the new genuine nuts are 16mm.

Thanks

I know this is like a 4 year old question, but yes there are M10 and M12 mounts.