Signal lamp connectors

Adam

Attachments

• 2017-09-26 03.00.11 pm.jpg
    2017-09-26 03.00.11 pm.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 221

RDavisinVA

Technical Excellence Contributor
I bought the BritPart adapter setup to go from the std Lucas bullet to the plugs that come on the LED lights from UK and they are useless junk.
Won't carry a connection.
Cut the wires and crimped, then soldered bullet connectors on the LED side then plugged them into the existing wiring with new female bullet connectors.
Now they work great.

Adam

I can't edit my post - but the links I posted are NOT the correct parts - finally installing the signals nearly a year later.

WreckITFrank

I bought the BritPart adapter setup to go from the std Lucas bullet to the plugs that come on the LED lights from UK and they are useless junk.
Won't carry a connection.
Cut the wires and crimped, then soldered bullet connectors on the LED side then plugged them into the existing wiring with new female bullet connectors.
Now they work great.

I did the same thing after ordering from LRDirect. I had to cut off all the britpart bullets and solder on the correct bullets. The wiring is pretty much 20 AWG (almost phone wire) and the male connectors don't come close to snapping into the factory harness female side, they fall out with no resistance.

20180331_110428.jpg

Red90

Just get the proper bullets. The correct ones soldered to the wire are very secure. Once they snap in, it take a lot of force to separate.

WreckITFrank

Just get the proper bullets. The correct ones soldered to the wire are very secure. Once they snap in, it take a lot of force to separate.

These are what Britishwiring recommended. They are for either crimp or solder, and the hole is plenty big enough for a good bit of solder and wire. It's bit more difficult, and heating without melting the cheap wire casing can be challenging, but they do hold very well. I looped the wire inside to a bit of a better bite.

20180311_134345.jpg

DefendersNW

do you do one on each of the corners or just one front and one back, and carry the harness hardwired to the other side?

Main kit is right + left (rear) since the majority of the issues seem to start there. RHS block is setup to handle the in and out for the LHS as well, makes adding additional lighting (trailer or aux) fast and easy.

Front kit is right + left as well and once set up the system makes it easy to change or add lighting or resistors for LED use to the circuits.

Easy three drink job for most people and after it is done any lighting failures can be easily traced without assuming if the plug connections are good or not.