Any HAM's on Winlink?

Overlander

Callsign: KM4BOR
Just starting to get into VHF/UHF digital and registered on Winlink. I'd like to start putting together a HAM overland and Birmabright contact list to basically pen pal periodically. This is to exercise this new capability and keep my use it or lose it account active.

KM4BOR@winlink.org

This is exciting stuff. Once I get my general license and HF, I'll be able to send and receive emails from anywhere on the planet.

shoot me a note!

chris snell

Administrator
Callsign: NW5W
Staff member
I've looked into it--I know that it's big with the trans-oceanic saling crowd--but never tried it. Let us know how it goes.

I doubt it would be useful for me, though. I spend a lot of time in my Defender out in the desert, but I'm usually moving quickly and there isn't much time for setting up a HF station.

A good sat phone, however, I am interested in.

Crash303

Callsign: KJ6BXB
I use it all the time at my job. I work on the USNS Mercy, the hospital ship. Comms can be unreliable when it comes to SATCOM in the middle of the ocean. Plus in a time of war Comms is the first to be taken out. Being able to still communicate with HF is a big deal for us.

Our winlink for the ship is K6MRC@winlink.org and mine is KJ6BXB@winlink.org.

Overlander

Callsign: KM4BOR
I use it all the time at my job. I work on the USNS Mercy, the hospital ship. Comms can be unreliable when it comes to SATCOM in the middle of the ocean. Plus in a time of war Comms is the first to be taken out. Being able to still communicate with HF is a big deal for us.

Our winlink for the ship is K6MRC@winlink.org and mine is KJ6BXB@winlink.org.

You're probably a good contact to have if SHTF! I'll send you a note! Thanks for your service!