When upgrading from Defender Axles to RRC axles...

SplurGn

Do you also have to upgrade your brake booster and brake master cylinder, or will the current ones (NRC9529) be adequate?

Current axles:1985 Defender 90 (disc-front, drum -rear)
moving to: 1995 RRC axles (for the four wheel disc brakes...)

Thank you in advance!

SplurGn

SplurGn

Got an answer....

The axles and brakes your stock master and booster should work - since the pressurized area is nearly the same from the drum cylinder to the single rear piston calipers it's an easy swap.

Hopefully it helps somebody else down the road.... Thank you Napalm00!

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
Wasn?t the 95 RRC all air suspension? Better to get the 95 D1 axles and suspension arms.
Then replace rubber guibo on D1 axles with driveshaft correct part at nose of rear diff-name escapes me...arghh didn?t they change the suspension arm width to at some point?
My mind is a mush... I?ve spent several days clearing out my late FIL?s apartment in SC. Broiling heat to weak AC.

Consider replacing all bushes, A-Arm bearing-springs and shocks while you are there as well as brake lines.

Brakes alone aren?t worth the effort but 24 splines will be stronger.

Napalm00

Technical Excellence Contributor
I'll chime in here.

New spring seats will allow for standard shock mounts and coils. Diff will be a gbr built truetrac so no more guibo there!

All new bushes as well

I'm not doing the work but we chat often !

chuckc4

I have the axles, and all of the parts from a 93 Classic — is this a good setup to use on a ROW Defender? I read the other thread also, regarding how swapping discs is a pain, but really, drum brakes are so __________. There have to be other benefits as well...

Last edited: