RURR offer Boston to Greenville SC and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
Folks:
I will shortly be going solo Boston to Greenville SC and back. It will be me and a dog (in a crate).
Schedule is not yet certain, probably in the next two to three weeks. There will be an overnight stop somewhere.
Route will not be on I95. I refuse to drive the insanity of the I95 corridor from NYC to Richmond. I'll take the interstate out to Harrisburg PA and south, then drop down to Charlotte NC.

PM me.

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
Update: The trip has changed. Rather than driving to SC and back, it’s going to be a Greenville SC to Boston only. A one way rental car solo drive with my FIL’s dog.

RDavisinVA

Technical Excellence Contributor
Why not down the eastern shore of MD, VA to Norfolk area?
You would have to take the NYC to Jersey, the to DE, but would bypass DC.

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
I've done I95 on a holiday weekend before now from NYC to south of Richmond its an insane amount of traffic that never ends for over 400 miles. I've done it twice. Once voluntarily, the other due to weather shutting down I78 from NJ to Harrisburg.

I84/I78 is relatively free flowing and low stress. Low stress matters when you have 950 or so miles to cover.

red64chevelle

Why not down the eastern shore of MD, VA to Norfolk area?
You would have to take the NYC to Jersey, the to DE, but would bypass DC.

Rocky,

I agree with the eastern shore route.

I have done the DE-1 to US-13 trip many, many times. If you have not driven it before you should give it a shot.

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
Not going near the coast during summer and around a holiday week. No way Jose!

As I?ve said already 950 or so miles is plenty to do without sitting in traffic between Richmond and NYC.

Now if I was going to RD?s shop for a quick and easy 292 Isix conversion, yes I would!

uc4me

.. Now if I was going to RD?s shop for a quick and easy 292 Isix conversion, yes I would!

Ha, problem solved! You get your conversion and I get my bench seats up to Boston from Norfolk! [emoji6]

RDavisinVA

Technical Excellence Contributor
If you come down the Eastern shore all the MD, DC, Richmond traffic is bypassed.
You go over in DE, and come out in Norfolk.
Holiday traffic on the Eastern Shore will be less than through DC to Richmond and south.

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
No and for the last time No I WILL NOT GO UP THE COASTAL ROUTE. SO QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT. ITS NOT JUST NEWPORT TO DC THERE IS RICHMOND TO NYC AND DANBURY CT. YOU GO DRIVE THAT 450 OR SO MILE ROUTE THIS SATURDAY AND TELL ME HOW LONG IT TOOK. I?LL MEET YOU IN HARTFORD AND TAKE IT THE REST OF THE WAY.

AND REMEMBER I?M DOING OVER 950 MILES SOLO WITH MY LATE FATHER IN LAWS DOG.

Status
Not open for further replies.