LT230 Transfer case x2

madscientist

I have 2, what I am calling "New" take out LT230 Transfer Cases. Both were removed from 2015 Defender 110's with less than 800 miles. They are 1.2 ratio. Asking $1000 each

Attachments

• IMG_3569.jpg
    IMG_3569.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_3570.jpg
    IMG_3570.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_3567.jpg
    IMG_3567.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_3568.jpg
    IMG_3568.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 448

WreckITFrank

Technical Excellence Contributor
These will drop into any defender with a 230 in it? Is the linkage the same or are they electronic? Any idea of the differences between these current gen and say my 91? Thanks

jymmiejamz

Founding Member
Callsign: KN4JHI
Does it have the hole machined in the rear output housing for the speed sensor? If it is like a DII, it won't, so you would have to swap that over.

madscientist

LT 230

These are Vehicle speed sensor transfer case from 2015 Defender. I think you can install a gear driven speedometer. Ashcroft might supply the parts to convert. I'll do a little research and let you know.

madscientist

LT 230

Yes they do have the hole machined in the tail housing for speedometer drive,

Yes they are mechanical linkage for high/low and diff lock

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
These will drop into any defender with a 230 in it? Is the linkage the same or are they electronic? Any idea of the differences between these current gen and say my 91? Thanks

Good question. After all these came from a MT82 not R380.

Red90

Yes. They will be fine. Linkages are gearbox specific and mount from the gearbox. The LT230 side is always the same.

You will probably need to drill and tap a couple of holes to use the earlier style parking brake.

madscientist

MT82 uses an adapter from the transmission to the LT230 transfer case. LT230 is an LT230. Parking brake will just swap over.

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
easy to drill and tap a later tcase for use with the early style parking brake (for me anyway) for those on the fence