Mounting a Hannibal awning on a SD 110 cage

javelinadave

Administrator
Staff member
Any thoughts on using two of these and drilling into the roll bar and installing a bolt to stop them from spinning due to the torque of the open awnings weight?
LARGERING.JPG

Plan "B", the not drilling thru the roll bar would be to use 4 of these and make 2 brackets that span from the crossbar above the windows and tie them into the bar above the roof. That would save me from drilling into the cage.
s-l1600.jpg

jymmiejamz

Founding Member
Callsign: KN4JHI
I don't even think you would need a hole through the roll cage, you could just have a set screw that would only dent the surface of the roll cage and probably prevent it from rotating.

chris snell

Administrator
Callsign: NW5W
Staff member
A section of cut-up bicycle tire inside the shaft collar will probably be enough to keep it from sliding.

Roverlab

Check out Coleman Racing products. They make roll bar clamps that have threads in the caps. Recently used them to mount a roof rack and an awning to a P&P cage on a 110. Took them.to the local machinist to have them essentially line bored. As is, they probably would have cracked the powdercoat-wasn't an entirely clean fit around the bar.

Roverlab

I think I have a crossbar already made with the Fourtrek style bar clamp. If I recall, it was a Lelofab roll cage, and we couldn't use this bar. I'll have to look around- I have so much crap accumulated that I was going to just toss stuff to the scrap guy and start over. Here's a reason maybe I shouldn't.....