Maybe moving to Maryland..

mitherial

Ah gotcha. I was like guns? What guns?

Maryland gun laws are bad, but not as bad as California or MASS. Unlike DC proper, a 30 round magazine is (or at least was) legal to own, but you can't purchase one in-state. Your old .22 will be fine, but be sure to unload and locked-store everything when you are driving around and don't take ANYTHING into the District.

I was friends with the owner of the local gun shop in Annapolis while I was there, and one day after I left the area, the SWAT team showed up at his home at 6am and hauled him off for a technical violation at his store -- selling legally licensed machine guns that had been remanufactured to be a different type of gun. Last I heard, he was still in jail.

The Dro

Illustrious
Got a job offer I am seriously considering. Office is very close to BWI airport in Maryland. Anyone have any towns they would recommend? Not interested in living in the city at all. Would like to be near the Bay or in a rural suburban area near parks and what not. Don't have kids yet but good schools are a plus for when we do.

We were looking on Zillow at like Annapolis, Severna Park, Severn, Ellicott City, but really just throwing darts at the map... I have heard good things about Annapolis but it might be a little far for commuting, guess that depends on traffic. Ideal commute would be <= 30 mins. Would likely rent before buying again just in case we aren't happy. House prices look like they are equal or more then Long Island but the property taxes are less at least...

Being far from the ocean is what might kill this. Not being able to surf is a big deal to me.

-----------

Sorry just realized this is the classifieds area, thought it was off topic, mod please move to appropriate section
I have friends in Ellicott City... it's very nice area.