Tumblers

belgian

I'm trying to find these tumblers for a RRC cylinder lock.
The lock on the tailgate is different, and I'm trying to match that up to my current keys.

Any lock experts here who can guide me to the right direction? Research has showed some of these GM "wafers", but they look different.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Tumblers.jpg
    Tumblers.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 226

azarmadillo

I have some extras. How many do you need? Need the pins with them too? You can rekey them by moving the pins around/matching the pins to what you have now.

modernbeat

Can the ignition be rekeyed?

My RRC has a different key for the doors, the hatch and the ignition. If the ignition can't be rekeyed, I'll have to use it as the master and change the tumblers on the other locks.

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
lock can be re-keyed by a locksmith. They can take the individual tumblers out of a cyl and move them around to match an existing key. Have had it done several times.

belgian

lock can be re-keyed by a locksmith. They can take the individual tumblers out of a cyl and move them around to match an existing key. Have had it done several times.

I have some extras. How many do you need? Need the pins with them too? You can rekey them by moving the pins around/matching the pins to what you have now.

Thank you both for the response,
That's exactly what I ended up doing, I had some spare locks laying around (couple of rust free tailgates I'm hoarding), so I was able to remove tumblers, and after some puzzling, I got all of them matched up.
Also took the opportunity to remove all the tumblers out of every lock, and clean/ grease them, so everything operates very smoothly.

Sure is nice to have all matching locks, with 2 original Range Rover steel keys cut (Ace hardware will cut the steel ones, while even professional locksmiths here refused to cut steel keys)

I did end up ordering 2 kits for GM lock tumblers, and they were all slightly different and didn't work with the RRC locks. To be fair, I stopped looking after I cannibalized 2 other locks. So the correct tumblers are probably out there, just didn't look hard enough. The kits did come with the springs which I all replaced.