RRC lift and tires

blueboy

No pics readily available other than the avatar, yet, little more than 2" with OME HD and 265/75-16 GY MTRs.

kshep

My RRC has Bilstein shocks all around, 2" spacers in the front and rubber spring isolators in the rear, probably to level it out. Tires are 265/75 Good Year AT's. I don't know what springs are on it though. Need to get under there and try to figure it out.

modernbeat

Seems like a few people use the diesel front springs to lift the front. What is a good route for a 2-2.5" lift up front if you have a RRC with a diesel engine, which presumably already has the diesel springs?

lordhelemt

Curious to know if anyone has used the 755 in the rear. Looks like rated in the same med/heavy category as the 781s but 10mm taller. I don't usually carry loads unless i'm hauling the dirt bikes on the hitch carrier. Trying to find the right compromise between ride and hauling the bikes around.

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
Seems like a few people use the diesel front springs to lift the front. What is a good route for a 2-2.5" lift up front if you have a RRC with a diesel engine, which presumably already has the diesel springs?

which diesel ? The tdi's weighed about the same as the rover v8 when you factor everything in. Rover diesels are generally pretty light compared to other manufacturers.
The VM diesel might be heavier.

Vtrover

This is my old RRC with a 300tdi, 2" lift, and 235/85's, beginning to wish I didn't sell it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    589.2 KB · Views: 284

blueboy

Assume that is a Brownchurch rack and they look / work great on a RRC. We were lucky to have a hot-dipped galv one painted black shipped by Brownchurch to us while in Switzerland. It will take a long, long time for it to rust if ever. Nice RRC especially with a Tdi.

pl626

2" lift with OME coils and Nitrochargers with Cooper Discoverer ST/MAXX 245/75/16s. I like the OMEs, but really miss the EAS and the auto-leveling, especially when towing and cornering. I'll eventually put the EAS back in...

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3b3.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_3b3.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 260

azarmadillo

Bone stock :)

Mine looked like that once. Then I bought it. Poor thing. I'm only easy on the eyes. 4.5" of lift w/ old RoverTym springs, 255/85R16 BFG KM2 tires. The spare even fits inside in the stock tire location, but it's been modified and I lost the rear driver side seatbelt so I put the ARB refrigerator in place of the rear seat.

MYRRCHunter-Sedona.jpg

WeBeCinYa

It's interesting as I have aged and now on my 3rd RRC, I find the stock look more appealing. Not saying 205/85's are the best choice, but I dig the 235/75's on stock springs on my '91.

Kevin88RRC

It's interesting as I have aged and now on my 3rd RRC, I find the stock look more appealing. Not saying 205/85's are the best choice, but I dig the 235/75's on stock springs on my '91.

I agree but added 2" spring spacers & isolators on my '88. It mostly stays on the road and sees very little off-roading though.