Dome lights by Arkonik

Classic4X4

Anyone know what Arkonik uses for dome lights? They look like 1/2" round LED's that are flush mounted. Can't find them anywhere. I've attached a pic. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1118.jpg
    IMG_1118.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 257

jymmiejamz

Founding Member
Callsign: KN4JHI
That picture is way too small, but if I had to guess they are probably the cheapest chinese LED lights that Britpart sells.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
I use Ikea under counter lighting.

No. Really.

Slightly warm LED bars. Four of them from one hub. They happen to be 12v, and they are wired into the stock dome light switch. They pull about .3 amps. I put two up front, behind/over the driver and passenger. Then two in the back, up on the side molding against the roof, so they reflect off the roof. The whole thing gives off a nice diffused light that fills the whole cabin. I might put a small LED over the top of the rear cargo door, but otherwise, I'm done.

mgreenspan

Founding Member
I personally like the awful and incredibly ineffective OEM dome light. It gives every experience at night when you need it the most a very creepy horror film vibe.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
iPhone garage photos:

Attachments

• 88C322B6-D94F-481F-AF1C-ABAEB88D18E8.jpg
    88C322B6-D94F-481F-AF1C-ABAEB88D18E8.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 232
  • 29A32BB8-F1D8-4CA8-A9FE-74B2C203523D.jpg
    29A32BB8-F1D8-4CA8-A9FE-74B2C203523D.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 217

jymmiejamz

Founding Member
Callsign: KN4JHI
I personally like the awful and incredibly ineffective OEM dome light. It gives every experience at night when you need it the most a very creepy horror film vibe.

Which style? I like the Discovery style ones, but I think the older trucks have something different.

mgreenspan

Founding Member
Which style? I like the Discovery style ones, but I think the older trucks have something different.

Whatever my old 110 had was basically a tiny ass bulb equivalent to what you'd find in an old oven behind a piece of hazy plastic. It was awesome. Switch was on the rocker for gauges, off, and dome.

stancey

I just bought 2 of the mud led ones. They aren't wired yet, but the website description looks promising, do it has to be good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jeff B

I ordered one of those bulbs from superbrightleds.com

I feel like I'm being interrogated when it lights up....