Glass Fuse Conversion

GynormousMellon

It's also important to know that the American and British fuses are rated in different ways. The American fuses are rated for the load they can carry. British fuses are rated for the load at which they will blow.

Code:
[B]Bussman Conversion Chart[/B]

English Type    American Standard Replacement    
50 amp              AGC 30    
35 amp              AGC 25    
30 amp              AGC 20    
25 amp              AGC 15    
20 amp              AGC 10    
10 amp              AGC  7 1/2     
5 amp               AGC  3

Perfect, Switching mine to blade fuses soon and was going to look up the conversion from English to American. You saved me some time

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
Does the OE block fit in same hole? Seems like different dimensions. And a different number of fuses.

The Dro

Illustrious
I know what you mean, but I was thinking about it the other day because I have a Blue Sea fuse block that is the same single row, and I think the same number in the row, as what I have in the stock set up. So it would still be the same layout as what my stock fuse map shows on the inside of the cover. And the one blade fuse block I saw someone else do, seemed to be lower quality build than the Blue Sea stuff.

So why do you say you would use the OE block if you did it again? (Other than the good point that Chris brought up.)
It doesn't look clean. I tried to keep everything nice and tight, but it's not possible.

The stock keeps the wires behind and you can put the cover.

If I get bored one day, I might do it.