defendersource dead??

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
I'm sure like me, some of you have seen Briggs around since his death. He's doing well, but I do miss his sanity on the board.

Jeff B

I'm sure like me, some of you have seen Briggs around since his death. He's doing well, but I do miss his sanity on the board.

LOL
Yup, I see him on IG now. I just dont get on there much.

And I do miss his witty banter...

Red90

He actually took the time to go through a manually delete every one of his posts. He is quite dedicated in his being pissed off.

FlyersFan76

So, "NAS-ROW" gets through unmolested in PM's, but "nas-row.com" doesn't. Unbelievable.

Try posting a picture in the "Land Rovers that Suck" thread with a picture of the D Source logo just for shits and giggles to see what happens.

It might not work since some pictures are able to be viewed and others might not.

again just for shits and giggles of course.

AdamSanta85

If you want to link to something over here from there, you can use a URL shortener such as https://bitly.com/. Just past the URL into that site and it will return a new URL that will not be blocked by their filter.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
From the Admin on the other site:
In compliance with GDPR, VerticalScope will have a consent framework in place for EEA users. This means that when you visit our site from the EEA, you will be prompted with a consent window for personal information, which you can opt into - and can be revoked at any time. If you don't opt in, you will receive non-personalized ads, which adhere to GDPR, and no personalized cookie data will be collected.

GDPR does not apply to non-EEA visitors. If any EEA members reach out asking to restrict the processing of their personal information, please refer them to our updated privacy policy or administrator account. We suggest that our moderators and administrators not provide legal advice or explain GDPR. If EEA members are looking for additional information on GDPR, you may direct them to the legislation itself:http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-conte...:2016:119:FULL.

donb

Yes, that was a great story.
Some guys really stepped up to help that project along.

Unfortunately, D90Source also ran off some great guys(Briggs, Josh, Gustavo,Evilfij, many others....)

I miss seeing the posts from those guys. Lots of good information from all of them and a willingness to help out.

Add Galpin and Jeff Huf to the list. Part of my best times with a Defender was meeting those guys at Rausch Creek and 4 wheeling for the day and then swapping stories on D-90.com.

I still like both sites and pretty easy to quickly read both when on the computer. I do wish I could copy and bring over my 110 build thread and post I did on the OM617 along with some of my other little projects. I wish I had the time I would do it manually just in case something happens to D-90 down the road.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Just copy and paste one post at a time over the course of a few days. You might miss some photos, but you'd have a good record over here.

jymmiejamz

Founding Member
Callsign: KN4JHI
Sorry i disagree. Go back and read the Brad Harris sticky. Its less about the forum and more about the community. i have yet to witness anything like that on a board for any of my other vehicles.

What ever happened with that? Briggs asked me a few years ago if I could go do some work on it but it didn't work out for timing. Didn't it sit at ECR for years?

What happened to Josh? When I first started posting on DSource he was super active, and than I noticed he went away.

He moved to New Jersey.

Jeff B

What ever happened with that? Briggs asked me a few years ago if I could go do some work on it but it didn't work out for timing. Didn't it sit at ECR for years?
If I'm not mistaken, Lavender and Jeff Briggs both stepped up and finished that truck.

At Jason's place in NY maybe....

He moved to New Jersey.

Do you ever see/hear from him?
I stalked his profile and it seems he has NOT posted on the D90Source since the big sellout fiasco....but he has logged in....
This sight could use his NAS-tracking abilities. :D

Maine57S1

Yes sat at ECR... Ill leave out the personal details but the family was eager to have it back and Briggs started working to get it out of there and finished. My buddy in Maine thats not active on the boards went and rescued it.. Did a ton of work to get the axles etc sorted but didn't want to touch the diesel so Lav came and got it and saw it the rest of the way home.

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
Site didnt run Evilfij or Gustavo off.
Ron bought the Dupont familys turn of the century business managers mansion in Wilmington. Its 8000 sf finished and another 8000 unfinished. All stone and slate roof with steel framing. He's making that house his lifes work, oh and he's driving a prancing horse stutgart product these days. We still trade texts. I'd vistit but with the house project here, the house project on the Outer Banks, and a yard full of other peoples land rovers to restore it hasnt happended.
Gustavo is Gustavo, still get merry christmas texts and a couple other times a year.

Havent seen Huff in years since he moved from the mountain top to suburbia but Charles Galpin hasnt changed a bit and still comes to MAR.

donb

Is Ron still lawyering a ton of hours a week as well? I remember seeing his posts on D-90 at all crazy hours in the early morning and think he was at the office. His posts were very enjoyable.

jymmiejamz

Founding Member
Callsign: KN4JHI
Do you ever see/hear from him?

Yeah, he came over to Jason England's with a few others for my birthday/going away get together. He and his wife recently had a baby, so I think that takes a lot of his time (along with the new house in NJ).

Red90

Seriously. I cannot access anything via my former account that I had forever.

I had mentioned NAS-ROW several times on the DS, so I thought it was because of that.

This account is the same name? You are not banned. Seriously, nobody gets banned. The account is waiting for an email confirmation response. You can always ask for help.... It can be fixed.