April 30th

donb

Yeah, but Jeep will replace it.

Evidently, Land Rover doesn't think Jeep Wranglers and GWagens actually exist. They really seem to be denying the fact that vehicles like that can still be built.

I went to the dealership this weekend just to see what literature they had on the 70th gala (they had none) and in the conversation I had, I was told multiple times about how awesome the new vehicles really are, while also being fed an excuse about how the EPA really is at fault for the crappy back end, the bulbous look, the rounded off front end, etc.... No kidding, the salesman was actually trying to pass blame on others to make me accept the new Rover. All the while, I'm thinking about the Jeep and GWagens...

How the hell does the EPA have anything to do with it?

Add on: Some of the vehicles are pretty awesome. We are looking at a new SUV and IMO nothing touches the Range Rover Sport. But...they did miss the exterior on the Disco 5 in a huge way, the full size RR is ultra expensive and the others aren't worth the Range Rover badge.

Funny enough I think Jeep is gunning for the Range Rover full size and RRS market. I just watched an episode of the Track Hawk on Ignition. Hefty price tag but it looks, sounds and performs very well. It also posted a better lap time than the RRS SC.

donb

I was more amazed by the JK sales numbers.. How can they not want a piece of that market?

And that is just Jeep JK sales numbers. Does anyone know (or would wager what are) the aftermarket sales numbers? I swear ever other JK I see has aftermarket wheels, tires, and lift. Oh yeah and an LED bar. Does Jeep even have an advertising line item on their P&L for the JK/JL?

Maine57S1

And that is just Jeep JK sales numbers. Does anyone know (or would wager what are) the aftermarket sales numbers? I swear ever other JK I see has aftermarket wheels, tires, and lift. Oh yeah and an LED bar. Does Jeep even have an advertising line item on their P&L for the JK/JL?

yup and thats just the one vehicle.. double Jaguar land rover US sales across both brands and all models.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/17499/jaguar-land-rover-announces-record-u-s-sales-in-2017

LR Max

Funny enough I think Jeep is gunning for the Range Rover full size and RRS market. I just watched an episode of the Track Hawk on Ignition. Hefty price tag but it looks, sounds and performs very well. It also posted a better lap time than the RRS SC.

Oh for sure. Just look at the Grand Cherokee. It is NICE. And now with air suspension, diesel, etc on paper at least, it can check many of the same boxes as a range rover (or at least the sport). Price tag is in there as well.

I agree on the Jeep and Gwagen statement. I catch myself looking at more and more G's these days and thinking, "Oh that is doable..."

FlyersFan76

I have always liked the GWagen. Came close to buying one but had wanted a Hummer since '92 and figured I they were the same price at the time before the GL came out and MB jacked the price up.

Interesting fact the Hummer and Gelandewagen doors make the same noise when you close them and they both have the same new car scent.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
GWagen's are very cool. Local Rover guy has an early '80s version that is amazing, and a friend in Texas has a 2008 or something like that. But I think I'd have to go with a Land Cruiser 70 Series if I were ever to give up on Rover. Or if I ever just wanted something to drive to work without a AAA card at the ready.