Brush Guard/bull bar

Classic4X4

Would love to get ahold of one of these. Please lmk if anyone's willing to part with one!

Attachments

• IMG_3033.JPG
    IMG_3033.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 195

1of40

The old-timers will warn you that these don’t do a good job actually protecting anything and more often end up bending, rusting from the inside out and doing more harm than good. They look the part but aren’t effective tools of the trade.

javelinadave

Administrator
Staff member
Old timer here. Clay is 100% correct. They are great for mall cruising and will protect your front end from a rogue shopping cart. They are also functional for drying chamois after you wash your truck. For anything tougher they bend and will enhance any damage that might happen with a front end bump. If you are looking for a true classic look investigate a Camel Trophy guard. Rovers North sells them and Zack would be happy to take your order.

Classic4X4

The old-timers will warn you that these don?t do a good job actually protecting anything and more often end up bending, rusting from the inside out and doing more harm than good. They look the part but aren?t effective tools of the trade.

I currently have a similar 1993 brush guard on the 90. They certainly can't take a hit but serve the purpose of "brush guarding" rather well. That's it though. I love the look and wouldn't put the 90 through anything that would need to be able to take much more of a beating. Just to prevent brush from whipping the front end. The plastic coating these came with rusts underneath, I've found the only way to remedy this is to burn the plastic off and either powder coat or paint.

D90Overkill

It's no ARB, but...

If you want it, you want it. I did as well. I just like the look and the fact that it I-beams around the front bumper. The bumper is the problem ;-) It won't save the truck in a high speed impact, but I did do $2k damage to a subi with one and didn't even cut the powdercoat. Perhaps everyone is reminded of the damage multipliers that came from LR as stock options. These are far better and last. Not HD like ARB or Rockware and the like, but far better than oem. Mine still looks new. My .02