Edlebrock

1of40

Awesome write up and exactly what I was looking for.
Had a chance to meet up with 85red110, to check out his EFI setup, which is bad ass by the way. Thanks for letting me take a look at it.
Right now my SU carbs are still running fine but I may just have to do one of the above upgrades down the road.

Dealing with the choke is annoying in the mornings, especially as the temps start to drop. EFI is a great solution.

Bunyan

Dealing with the choke is annoying in the mornings, especially as the temps start to drop. EFI is a great solution.

Thanks, I?m definitely leaning that way. I like the FiTech or the Sniper EFI. Both are decent investments but seam to pay off in the end.

b_krueger

Guys - sorry to revive an older thread. A couple questions as I go through this on my 91 110.

- Having some trouble with the PCV; how did you plumb it when you did this?
- Throttle cable; mine is RHD and seems like I need a longer cable?
- The original heater hose under the manifold - does this change, seems like I can't get it to fit?

Any help would be appreciated - definitely a newbie here.

Best,
Ben

85RED110

Ben,

Off the top of my head I can tell you that I was able to reuse my throttle cable. Also, the original heater hoses were tossed, and I ran all new hoses from the water pump/manifold in front, around the side of the engine across the top of the curbside valve cover instead of routing one under the manifold.

Kent

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

85RED110

I also reused the original crankcase breather. Only modification was that I tossed that charcoal filter box thing, and just ran a straight hose from the breather all the way back to the rear of the truck so exhaust gases didn't come in the cab. If your truck has antique tags, and/or isn't required to pass emissions, then go ahead and do the same thing if you want.

Kent

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

b_krueger

Thanks Kent - I think we have figured the breather issue out. Will probably do something similar to what you described above.

I still cannot get the stock throttle cable to work - ordered a 72in Lokar cable in hopes that it will be long enough, and be able to attach to the pedal...Will post detailed pictures in the thread as a follow up for the group

Ben

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
Even places like RPI go with an Edelbrock manifold and replacement carbs like Weber.......

JimC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey, this is a fantastic thread!
However, I'm currently stationed in Nigeria with a pair of completly shot SU carbs on my V8.
I need a drop-in solution with NO fabrication required.
Any pointers?

This is my friend and colleague Andy, we need to take care of him!

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
Have a used Edlebrock with Edlebrock/Webber carb on a running driving truck we are about to pull and retrofit 14cux injection system.
Could sell you the setup and ship it assembled. Top of air filter has a little surface rust but 4bbl airfilters are available everywhere in every shape and color-works just doesnt look new. Truck is a rhd (longer run since bracket is on left side of carb) 110 and we have the original accel cable mated to carb with no issues.

JimC

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is great, I was talking to Andy and agreed to put a kit together for him compete for an install. I‘ll reach out directly.

xdarrows

Have a used Edlebrock with Edlebrock/Webber carb on a running driving truck we are about to pull and retrofit 14cux injection system.
Could sell you the setup and ship it assembled. Top of air filter has a little surface rust but 4bbl airfilters are available everywhere in every shape and color-works just doesnt look new. Truck is a rhd (longer run since bracket is on left side of carb) 110 and we have the original accel cable mated to carb with no issues.

Uncle Douglas,
That sounds great! I'll work with JimC on it.
Just to be clear, my LHD will work with the RHD carb?
Thanks!!!!!!

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
Point was stock accel cable reached and works from right hand side. Left hand side is a shorter run.
If you read this entire thread others say they have had issues. Carbs are not left hand or right hand drive

xdarrows

Point was stock accel cable reached and works from right hand side. Left hand side is a shorter run.
If you read this entire thread others say they have had issues. Carbs are not left hand or right hand drive

Thanks! That occured to me after I posted. Cheers!

I am installing the Edelbrock manifold now and confused where everything goes.

In the front of the manifold there is a small hole but my hose attachment from the old 3.5L manifold there is no hose attachment for it.

1F85156C-7AB2-4ACE-A730-4C5F5ABB5E9F.jpeg

What goes here?

image.jpg

And where does this go?

EFD807C1-34E4-40C8-B315-1E8368BF68EC.jpeg

Can anyone post some detailed pictures of all the hose attachments to the intake manifold and where they go?

Defender425

Attachments

• 2020-02-24 at 17-41-01.jpg
    2020-02-24 at 17-41-01.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 2020-02-24 at 17-40-45.jpg
    2020-02-24 at 17-40-45.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 205