Discovery 200tdi into Defender

donb

Here is what I ended up doing for the PS lines:

Res to the Steering Pump: a piece of hose from Napa
Res to the Steering Box: RNH402 / I actually got the Proline version from Zack/RN: https://www.roversnorth.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=PLH402&type=0&eq=&key=it
Steering Box to Steering Pump: NTC9074 but cut down to fit a -6 AN fitting. Then an adapter on the pump and a 45 deg AN fitting.

Attachments

• IMG_0572.jpg
    IMG_0572.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0573.jpg
    IMG_0573.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_0605.jpg
    IMG_0605.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 269

donb

I made an IC pipe today.

2.5" aluminum and I welded a plate to match with a plate I made that bolts on the shock tower to keep it stable.

Attachments

• IMG_0602.jpg
    IMG_0602.jpg
    662.6 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_0603.jpg
    IMG_0603.jpg
    622.4 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0607.jpg
    IMG_0607.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 298

donb

Wiped up a little bracket for an air filter last weekend.

I tied into the M10 threads for an AC setup. Just some plate aluminum tig welded together and then Donaldson air filter clamps.

Parts for air intake:

- Donaldson M002118 for the clamp
- Air Filter Part Number Wix or Donaldson 546743 (I had it on the shelf when I was finding something to use for the OM617).
- I had a piece of 2.5" tubing with a bung in it from the OM617 that I used for the cyclone air oil separator feed.
- the turbo is 60mm so I used a 60mm silicone 90 degree elbow to a 60mm aluminum 90 degree elbow to a 60mm to 2.5" silicone piece then a 2.5" flex piece from Pepboys.

Attachments

• IMG_0600.jpg
    IMG_0600.jpg
    424.9 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0599.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_0597.jpg
    IMG_0597.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 306

donb

View of the engine bay from tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_0606.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    483.4 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_0608.jpg
    IMG_0608.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 427

1of40

That's an interesting spot to put the air filter and intake I may copy that

Me too. This uses the space left when using a Disco tdi. I ended up tucking my air filter behind the left headlight bucket but I don?t like the non-stock look as much as this. Well done Don.

steinhnj

I did something similar with a stock air filter and a 90 degree elbow from a Disco

Attachments

• IMG_1124.jpg
    IMG_1124.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_1126.jpg
    IMG_1126.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 553

1of40

I did something similar with a stock air filter and a 90 degree elbow from a Disco

Mr Clean. Love it. Any pics of the bracket? I didcked around for a couple days trying to build a bracket but the vibration of the engine at idle concerned me at the time. I?ve since learned the genuine motor mounts were a mistake.

donb

Agree that is super clean! I might end up changing the air filter location as Clay said the vibrations make the air filter move a bit. On my setup the filter is forward and has some weight. How StienNJ has it would be more supported. Great to throw some ideas around at the very least. I like those clamps better too on SteinNJ?s setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donb

For some reason the stock fuel filter / housing was leaking and loosing prime (electric fuel pump :thumbs:). Doing a search I came across the Stanadyne FM100 a number of times and figured just do it the right way.

So I ordered FM100 with 3/8-18 ports #33648 and 2m filter 35612 from The Diesel Store: https://thedieselstore.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=FM100

The plugs I got from JEGS and I just used the -6 lines I had made for the stock assembly. The stock bolting was fine too. Installed, let the electric pump run for a while then it started right up. I turned off the electric fuel pump and it's been fine the last few days. Nice to drive the 110 around and not have a fuel leak.

Attachments

• IMG_0666.jpg
    IMG_0666.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_0667.jpg
    IMG_0667.jpg
    460.7 KB · Views: 279

Napalm00

Technical Excellence Contributor
The fm100 is dope. They make all kinds of accessories for it like a clear water bowl, fuel heater, hand prime, ect

Love mine

donb

The fm100 is dope. They make all kinds of accessories for it like a clear water bowl, fuel heater, hand prime, ect

Love mine

yeah, once I started looking into them it was a no brainer. I really like the design and add-on capability.

Any idea if the fuel heater could take the place of a engine heater for cold morning starts in NJ? NJ gets pretty cold but not like New England/Canada cold.

Red90

The fuel heater is just to prevent gel particles from plugging the filter. It does not heat your engine.

Napalm00

Technical Excellence Contributor
yea it cant, as red said its primarily to keep fuel from gelling in very low temps. Maybe it could also be used for WVO? unsure

The clear bowl is nice, i have one and it helped me catch water in the diesel early. I also have the hand primer, since i dont have an electric pump it makes filter changes much easier. Its alot easier to use then the lever on the lift pump.

FYI you can also save a ton on filters by not using the stanadyne ones, cross reference the numbers to get wix or whatever. Some may be "keyed" for use only on an OEM filterhead but a quick tap with a hammer fixes that.

I use a CAT element right now...since it looks cool and is 5 micron?

donb

yea it cant, as red said its primarily to keep fuel from gelling in very low temps. Maybe it could also be used for WVO? unsure

The clear bowl is nice, i have one and it helped me catch water in the diesel early. I also have the hand primer, since i dont have an electric pump it makes filter changes much easier. Its alot easier to use then the lever on the lift pump.

FYI you can also save a ton on filters by not using the stanadyne ones, cross reference the numbers to get wix or whatever. Some may be "keyed" for use only on an OEM filterhead but a quick tap with a hammer fixes that.

I use a CAT element right now...since it looks cool and is 5 micron?

Thanks for the tips! I'll probably add items to it - the clear bowl is nice that you can see it everytime you open the hood.

I agree - that CAT filter looks cool!