Spy Shot Of Defender? Dec. 1

mgreenspan

Founding Member
It has a sloped roof. No way there is that much headroom above the driver seat. You can also see the weird gap where it looks disconnected. The bonnet clearly is fake and likely inboard more like a Defender bonnet. That's why you see those silly latches.

mgreenspan

Founding Member
It's very similar to the DC100. I am holding out hope for the body that's underneath the camo and cladding. Gerry is mucking up...

Attachments

• IMG_20181106_085057.jpg
    IMG_20181106_085057.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 229

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
Suspension looks the same as Evoque and DSport.
Roofline-The shark fin antenna could be fake but here's hoping for some D1 style stepped roof after the B pillar. Waistline looks much higher than DC100.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
The odd driver position is the first Turing that convinced me the roof line on the four door we saw last month was a fake. And although my edits are super simple, I think it resembles what I beneath in some way. Hopefully they were smart enough to keep these design cues.

I’m with you on the DC100 commonalities. And that fits what they told me at the research and development center a few years back.

Tbaumer

Technical Excellence Contributor
Wow. Other manufactures are wasting no time taking over the hollow left by Land Rover's discarded Icon design.

xplorutah

When I see this all I can think is how bad JLR and Gerry McGovern are messing up the Defender replacement.

https://cars.suzuki.co.uk/new-cars/jimny/

Honestly, if I could get one of these here, I would be sorely tempted. They look cool regardless, never mind the Defender vibe.

A buddy rode in one of the Mahindra off road "jeeps", said the diesel motor was very quiet and it reminded him heavily of the dimensions of his first car, a CJ7.

mgreenspan

Founding Member
Yeah the Jimny has been in production for a long time. The new 2019 looks like a baby Defender. My wife loves it and will probably be her next car to replace the Ford Galaxy she has now in England. At 13k GBP new it should be a good choice for what she does.

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
Yeah the Jimny has been in production for a long time. The new 2019 looks like a baby Defender. My wife loves it and will probably be her next car to replace the Ford Galaxy she has now in England. At 13k GBP new it should be a good choice for what she does.

A people carrier to a Jimny....thats a change. My brother went from Galaxy to Discovery 4 TDV6....

mgreenspan

Founding Member
Yeah. Before I knocked up my wife three times she drove a 02 KA. It was like a go kart. She likes her cars small...

FlyersFan76

Someone saw this. Near Solihull I think.

Attachments

• 46307992_10217742444691969_8652846413958348800_n.jpg
    46307992_10217742444691969_8652846413958348800_n.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 241

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
That pretty much sums up everything about LR in that one picture.... Blurry, ghetto wheels, a broken, torn, flapping cover, and an LR4 standing in for the new Defender.

mgreenspan

Founding Member
I'm getting excited for the big reveal. It's like one of those train wreck friends who you are watching getting more intoxicated and waiting for them to blow up on their ex/current partner/spouse.

MountainD

Technical Excellence Contributor
I'm getting excited for the big reveal. It's like one of those train wreck friends who you are watching getting more intoxicated and waiting for them to blow up on their ex/current partner/spouse.

To me it’s like looking at a fat person (pc) wearing spandex. You don’t want to look, but you always do. And you never feel good afterwards.