AM/FM antenna replacement

Vasily

Finally getting around to replacing my missing antenna. Before blindly ordering something off of amazon, is there anything I should know? Thread type? Are these standardized? does anyone have something they really like??

Sorry for the stupid question.

mgreenspan

Founding Member
Yeah some people like the metal ones you have to physically pull up and push down. You can buy any type you want that mounts flat on a fender or drill a small hole someplace on your roof. Even get crazy and buy a metal one that is powered to extend up and down.

Vasily

Yeah some people like the metal ones you have to physically pull up and push down. You can buy any type you want that mounts flat on a fender or drill a small hole someplace on your roof. Even get crazy and buy a metal one that is powered to extend up and down.

electric one would be overkill. I still have the base of the antenna in place. I really just want something simple I can screw in place and call it done.

Bostondave

This interests me also. The antenna on my truck is troubled. Useable but extends only about 2/3 of the way and is slightly bent.

Viton

I decided on an electric retractable because while wheeling and I find myself in a situation when it needs to be retracted and I'm not able to stop and push it down manually, with the push of a switch, down it goes. I'm also able to have my iPod playing with the radio on & the antenna down on the trail.