TeriAnn's Engine is Blown up !!!

RDavisinVA

Technical Excellence Contributor
TerriAnn was naturally depressed before this started and was even considering selling or scrapping the green Dormobile.
She is so happy and appreciative of all the support.
Said that she felt so alone, isolated, and sad because the engine had failed.
Now she knows as a member of the Land Rover community that she is never alone just because she may be by herself, but knows she cannot ever be isolated from us.
A message like that can make you choke up.

TerriAnn

I’ve never met TerriAnn but like so many others I spend hours reading the information she has generously shared. Hope to see her doormobile back on the road where it belongs.

PP donation sent - thanks for being her advocate Robert.

Last edited:

Tbaumer

If you haven't felt drawn to help TeriAnn out, read "A Girl and Her Land Rover". It's a quick easy read that really lets you see why TeriAnn needs to be up & running. She has put a lifetime into converting & using her Land Rover the way it was meant to be used.

Thumbing through "The Essential Guide to Overland Travel" - this will be with me on my excursions.

MountainD

Donated and bought a book both. Book arrived yesterday--just looking for a time to read it!

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
Today's update from TW
Engine rebuild update for 28 June:

Other than adding the oil filter, a couple quarts of oil into the engine, and running the pump to build pressure inside the engine, the builder has completed his work.

It is a thing of beauty only someone who lives with a dirty tired engine can really appreciate. This would never have happened without the help of so many people. Thank you. Without your help the old engine would have likely have sat inside my unmoving Land Rover for about 2 years as I tried to save up money for the project. I owe so many so much for your help. If everything goes as expected this engine will be sitting inside my truck connected to the gearbox before the end of Saturday, June, 30.

Attachments

• 36322759_1857332980976737_8013665734540394496_n.jpg
    36322759_1857332980976737_8013665734540394496_n.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 264
  • 36325847_1857333760976659_6708339535933079552_n.jpg
    36325847_1857333760976659_6708339535933079552_n.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 230

RDavisinVA

Getting choked up, gents...
We are a very giving community that I am proud to belong too!

O2batsea

Progress on her Facebook page. BTW I'm trying to buy her a winch. I need to raise about $600 so if anyone is able to help please PM me.

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
Y'know the tires on her truck are seriously worn and multiple versions of BFG.....
How about starting there?

O2batsea

The world is full of problems. I picked this one to try to solve. If you want to help her with tires, the door is open..

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
She is stumped right now. From her FB page.

My engine rebuild is stalled until such time as I can get someone here who knows their way around computer controlled early 1990s Ford distributors. And I need a set of new tyres before I take the truck outside my 100 mile tow area. I'm running 255/85-16 BFG Mud Terrains that are too far worn to take anyplace. A week or so before the engine blew one of my tyres picked up a screw type nail and I was told the tyre was too worn to legally patch. I need to save up for a new set of KM3s

The problem here is that 255/85-16 is a rapidly disappearing size. KM2s are still around.

Can people who dug in before to help and new people who haven't please send a few dollars each to her via Paypal. Either anonymously or share your email with her.

Thanks

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
From TW: 18 Sept, evening update:
Timing set, brakes bled. Oil pressure comes up very quickly and look good. Battery back on charger.

Tomorrow I'll try to figure out why it is not charging. New alternator, it charged the two times I sorta got it started when the timing was way off. My first guess is early alternator failure.

Even with generous donations from others this project put me way in the hole and I can't do much traveling without new tyres so I'm still a homebody for a few more months yet. But at least I will be able to take my dog to the dog park :)