Raptor under tub, go or no-go?

WreckITFrank

Technical Excellence Contributor
I know this is a repeat thread, but can't seem to locate the older ones. Pulling the tub off my 90 to swap a dented rear cross member and was considering using color matched raptor on the under side of the tub, and seat box bottom. Tub have a corrosion free life in Italy, but likely not in the Northeast.

Any good reason not to do it? Not touching frame, inside of tub, or top of seatbox.

Thanks

GuamBomb

I raptor lined the interior in Arles Blue. I was super happy with how easy it was to do and how it turned out. I think it would work great for under the tub as well.

Attachments

• 2018-07-22 15.37.19.jpg
    2018-07-22 15.37.19.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 182

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
I dont like the stuff for interior surfaces. Have done tubs and floors/ footwekks @ customer request. That said, love it as an undercoating. Did the underside of mu own 110 tub with it.

javelinadave

Administrator
Staff member
Was thinking of spraying the rear wheel wells with this to cut down on road noise. Any comments on using this as a sound suppressor?

WreckITFrank

Thanks for all the input. I'm going to run it on all underside panels and will contemplate seat box as well. Color match is simple as per my painter buddy, so will decide after if anything else once I see how it lays. Hoping for some sound deadening as well as a bonus.

$100 for 4L kit on fleebay is the going rate.

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
Thanks for all the input. I'm going to run it on all underside panels and will contemplate seat box as well. Color match is simple as per my painter buddy, so will decide after if anything else once I see how it lays. Hoping for some sound deadening as well as a bonus.

$100 for 4L kit on fleebay is the going rate.

be sure to get the kit with the gun that screws onto their bottle.

WreckITFrank

What primer are you guys using before applying the raptor coating? I was thinking us using zinc chromate.
Not sure, depends if I strip it down or not. I don't have much rust or corrosion (that I can tell). So may not need to acid etch. But I'll ask my painter prior to be sure.

Napalm00

I did my whole truck interior and exterior in a similar product. The entire truck was sprayed self etching primer over top of some painted areas some Bondo and some bare metal. This is a few years ago and it's holding up great