Stupid Lug Nuts

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
Are there any lug nuts for a Disco I/RRC that I could buy that look the part, but don't have the stupid chrome caps on them that go bad after a few years and cause grief and pain on the level of Chernobyl and Mt. St. Helens?

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
....was afraid of that.

Thanks, I'll need to shop around a bit. But I suppose if the wheels are impossible to remove, it won't matter anyway!

Napalm00

Technical Excellence Contributor
The solid steel lugs on some early rrc will work. I have a line on set if you want, they will need painting.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Well, now that's almost too cheap! And I don't want the capped version.

I think I'd jump on something $150-$200, but if I'm buying them from the UK at 200 BP... that jumps the price up quite a bit.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
The solid steel lugs on some early rrc will work. I have a line on set if you want, they will need painting.

I noticed that one of the lugs on my '95 is solid. Not sure why only one, but it looks pretty good as is.

Almost all of those capped ones on my son's Disco are still OK, but a few were on so tight I had to use 3' of breaker bar to get them off....

I may be interested if you could send pics. Even though I'm basically mothballing the RRC, it would be good to have.

Napalm00

IMG_20180423_WA0012.jpg

I could blast them if wanted. I think there are 20 total , came off a defender but now that I think about it they may not be early rrc, maybe aftermarket.

In either case they are solid steel and ultra HD

Napalm00

Ah , sorry about that I didn't know you're looking for alloys. Should have read closer.

These actually came on alloy wheels, but they were aftermarket.

In any way the solid Range Rover Classic nuts should still work for you

Mirrajumper

Lucky8 has all the variations in stock at many price points. Got a complete set of solid steel ones for my Trek and finally get to rid myself of the version with the covers! Fast shipping too.

LR Max

Just bought some lug nuts from LRDirect. One was a direct replacement, but I went ahead and bought 5 spares just in case. $3.36 per lug nut. Pretty cheap.

azarmadillo

$3.36 is pretty cheap. I have a bunch of original lug nuts before they made the stupid capped versions that suck. They aren't pretty, ok, three are like brand new, but the rest look like 20 year+ lug nuts. But they have clean threads and will work great. Find my contact info at http://www.chadmanz.com/parts.html if you want some of my nuts.

LR Max

$3.36 is pretty cheap. I have a bunch of original lug nuts before they made the stupid capped versions that suck. They aren't pretty, ok, three are like brand new, but the rest look like 20 year+ lug nuts. But they have clean threads and will work great. Find my contact info at http://www.chadmanz.com/parts.html if you want some of my nuts.

Yeah these are OEM capped ones. I've got a few that are boogered up. So no "real" fix, but when its time to use them, they'll work. Bought a few spares as well.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Just bought some lug nuts from LRDirect. One was a direct replacement, but I went ahead and bought 5 spares just in case. $3.36 per lug nut. Pretty cheap.

Problem with LRDirect is.... what part number are you using for sold lug nuts that fit Disco I alloy wheels?