Shipping Recomendation

TravelinLight

Looking for companies you have used and were happy with to assist with transport from the port in Baltimore to CO.

My 110 was loaded on the ship and it has set sail. UD is in charge of the heavy lifting on the import, so I do not expect any issues with customs.

Now I need to find transport from the port to CO. The last couple of responses from Uship.com do not instill the greatest level of confidence.

Open trailer shipping is fine with me.

Recommendations from those who have completed this last leg of the journey?

TravelinLight

Follow up question as it has a full length roof rack which puts it at 87 inches tall which is causing some concern for some shippers. Anyone ever run into this?

1of40

Yeah, they like to have to option of moving them around to optimize their loads. Pita.

Roverman2010

When shipping my 101 from Canada richard cranium gave me the wrong actual height, thus delaying it by a month sitting in Detroit. So freezing and splitting the batteries which turned it into a non-runner. The world is full of weigh anchors.

RDavisinVA

Technical Excellence Contributor
UD is in charge of the heavy lifting on the import, so I do not expect any issues with customs.

UD is the easiest way to import and can solve the unsolvable problems.
If UD were a marriage counselor, divorce attorneys would be out of work within his client base.
Those who do not subscribe will deal with the unexpected costly situations that UD takes care of and prevents from happening on a routine basis.
How do you know all this, I asked?
It's my job to know replied UD...

Could it be UD has ESP or just knows all when it comes to importing?
The end results are always the same.
It's trouble free.

Never underestimate UD leading the way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbwnICgEMx8&feature=youtu.be

jymmiejamz

Founding Member
Callsign: KN4JHI
I've used Athena Hall two times for shipping my D90 across the US with no real issues. A bunch of other Defender owners have as well.

TravelinLight

I've used Athena Hall two times for shipping my D90 across the US with no real issues. A bunch of other Defender owners have as well.

She had the best quote of everyone so far and actually knew about Port Pick Up procedures without asking. She is getting the business.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
Not about shipping a whole car, but...

I once tried to ship a part to I think Uncle Doug and it turned out to be 2x what the part was that I was selling. It was just a radiator shroud in a cardboard box and they wanted some crazy amount for it.

Didn't I just recently see someone on this site mention that they had shipped a normal part for a reasonable price? What carriers have you managed to use for a good price for normal items that might be odd dimensions?

chris snell

Administrator
Callsign: NW5W
Staff member
Fly to the port and drive that bitch home. That's what I did. It was a blast. Took the backroads and dirt roads all the way from Galveston, TX to Tacoma, WA.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
I'm afraid that's another subject. I get my summers off and even I can't imagine having the time to make a trip like that! LOL! That's some magic stuff right there.