Time for New Suspension

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
Probably.

I think my springs are good. I think they are LR HD, but I'll have to try to confirm that.

However, the crazy way the truck bounces makes me think the shocks have died. After all, I've put about 10K or more on them now, and they are probably 10 years old.

I've always gone with OME MD on my vehicles. I do load them down and camp with the family, but not often. And when I'm driving on a daily basis, I'm almost always empty. I plan on installing the winch, and may some day get a more substantial roof rack, but whatever.

So tell me why I should or should not stick with the OME MD set up for the 110? What might be my ride height difference compared to what I have now? What other comparable price/quality set ups are there for the 110?

Napalm00

Technical Excellence Contributor
I'd go with the ome, the ride height is dictated by the springs so no changes there.

Tf and fox are also making semi affordable adjustable units now of you want to tune the suspension

My older tf shocks are ok but much stiffer than stock . They are cheap and it shows

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
Give your primary usage as solo driver with occasional heavy load, I'm trending towards saying go back to stock 110 springs with Bilsteins. Nice ride and nice control without jittery behavior when solo.
Btw: what tire pressures are you running and what's their load range?

Shearpin

I use my 110 in a similar manner - daily driver with laden family camping trips. With the winch/bar, 300 tdi upfront I will be sticking with the OME Medium for my next suspension.

In the rear, I am leaning towards the air lift helper springs inside a lighter duty coil. I have no experience with the available Land Rover kit. But, I do have friends who have used them on domestic pickups for years for towing and heavy loads.

I like the idea of adjustable spring rates with the use of onboard air. Soft and flexy for the technical stuff. Inflate to level heavy loads and keep the Land Rover off the bump stops through the faster bits.

Confusing the issue...

Henry