Cummins Repower ISF 2.8 for Defenders

Jeff B

I had to turn off that Ian guy.... I couldnt understand a word he was sayin' and all I was wondering wuz what kind of product he must use to get his hair up like that ?!?

SARTech

I had to turn off that Ian guy.... I couldnt understand a word he was sayin' and all I was wondering wuz what kind of product he must use to get his hair up like that ?!?

Im with ya, that guy is hard to take.

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
Betcha the first real Defender chassis Cummins will be build by end of summer. None of this jeep chassis stuff.

MountainD

Technical Excellence Contributor
Several Rover guys have already gotten (or about to receive) their Beta engines, so you can count on that :) Although I have moved on I still think it sounds like a great engine and I will be following this swap--seems everything is pretty much there. Since they say "first in a series", it will be very interesting what the #2 engine will be. My money is on the 5L that they are using in the Nissan... That would be pretty impressive...

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
Betcha the first real Defender chassis Cummins will be build by end of summer. None of this jeep chassis stuff.

The patient is sitting here, body off, chassis galvanized, waiting for a transplant heart.

Attachments

• IMG_1754.JPG
    IMG_1754.JPG
    810.1 KB · Views: 274

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
Chosen to receive one of the first 25 engines, field test group.
Email advised the contract and non-disclosure agreement were overnighted.

DefendersNW

Cool Doug...as of last Friday, it's still not California legal according to the guys from Cummings who where at Overland Expo...

Correct... CA is still pending.

We got the packet overnighted yesterday as well (nice surprise on my return from AZ). - had some interesting conversations with the crew at Expo about the installation and will be digging into the project next week.

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
It's a good thing Cummins is working with a good number of shops. That should ensure a reasonable geographic spread.