SG or other rear tire Hi-lift mount

rlynch356

Need something to get my jack off the front bar..
safari guard or Jeff?s should work.
I need to mount a 60? hi-lift with easy access to it bc I pull it for every class

Thanks
Just mail me or pm

Rlynch356@me.com

4RF RDS

4A10167B-87BE-4968-8FFC-F5F2C0E79021.jpeg

Extreme 4x4 in the UK makes this... best swing away with mount for a highlift I have seen.

jymmiejamz

Founding Member
Callsign: KN4JHI
I'd love to have mine on the rear door, but I'm pretty sure my door would fall off if I added that on there with the steel wheels and XZLs.

rlynch356

Thanks for the link, but if I’m going to replace the tire carrier it’ll be custom made to carry everything I need back there.
This is more of an interim solution.

Still looking anyone have on in their stash ?

jymmiejamz

Founding Member
Is your truck a soft top? I'd be worried mounting it on a SW door.

I'm sure you could get something generic. This is the first one that came up in a Google search and can accommodate up to 6.75" bolt pattern (Defender is 6.5" IIRC).

mgreenspan

Founding Member
Fashion a mount that you can slide the bar portion into a slot or bolt it to frame/inside of slider or directly to the rear crossmember. Put the mechanism in a box in the back cargo space. There is no good solution except having it apart and storing the important part out of the elements and the huge bar part out of your way.

1of40

I fashioned two tie-down anchors on the wheel well. I only carry mine when I’m on trails so I zip tie through the holes in the jack and the tie-down anchors. It’s worked for years and my jack is never rusty.

rlynch356

Is your truck a soft top? I'd be worried mounting it on a SW door.

I'm sure you could get something generic. This is the first one that came up in a Google search and can accommodate up to 6.75" bolt pattern (Defender is 6.5" IIRC).

Thanks, that may work... yep it?s a soft top..

I need it complete and ready to use for demos so storing it apart is not a good option. Also I use my rear seat so inside is also not an option.
I?m short so the roof rack mounts suck for me.
Hopefully I can angle it in that mount - but it?s cheap enough to give it a try.

Next thing is going to be a custom rock ware rear carrier to fit 2 Jerry cans, hi-lift, pull pal, and the tire.

I agree the stock rear mount is not super strong but I also just fit it when needed (every other weekend right now) so it?s not a full time thing.

Plus I need it working :)

jymmiejamz

Founding Member
I agree the stock rear mount is not super strong but I also just fit it when needed (every other weekend right now) so it?s not a full time thing.

I wouldn't be worry about it on the ST tire carrier, that's way more stout than the SW rear door.

rlynch356

Yep that?s true, I have to add a couple of rivers that popped out of the cap but it?s held gas tanks so I?m not worried about the weight.

Roverman2010

60 inch hi-lift, the foot sits on two pegs fitted to the corner protector with a bracket holding and lockable to the body with a tuffy keyed alike.

Attachments

• 1530997096810-1440538055.jpg
    1530997096810-1440538055.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 1530997116899-774294656.jpg
    1530997116899-774294656.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 168