Heat and Ducting

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
A couple of questions about the NAS 110 style heat and ducting. The bulkhead has the larger opening that actually fits the fan, so the fan is getting the best chance it can get from that point on. However, even at full blast, it really is just flowing out, not blowing out of the vents. Is there any way to improve this? Does an aftermarket fan actually improve air flow?

Secondly, although all the cool air, hot air, and everywhere in between comes through the same hole in the bulkhead, and then is directed up to go up, down, or out the dash vents, only my dash vents get warm....? Just... think about that for a second....... somehow, cold air is being sorted from the hot air after it passes through the bulkhead. The cold air is being ducted to the defrost and footwells. The warm air is being separated from the cold air and ducted only to the dash vents. I'm at a loss on this one.

Dan kemper

Founding Member
Callsign: KK6ECF
You pretty much nailed it. Shitty design. I am in the process of deleting this system and going with the less shitty but still shitty 97 nas design

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
What actually makes the difference between the '97 design and the 110 design? Are you saying you are going to delete the center vents and use just top/bottom? I suppose that would at least consolidate the air flow!

Dan kemper

Founding Member
Callsign: KK6ECF
Correct. Standard heater box (rivet in new metal to close the opening in bulkhead), cool air logan (rovers north) AC. Just waiting for warmer days to dive in.