Spy Shot Of Defender? Dec. 1

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
Yet another company taking advantage of the market, the hole left by Land Rover while they sit on their butts ruining the Defender.... Toyota posted a pic of a new Hilux on Facebook. When Americans started complaining that they don’t get them in the USA, Toyota started actually responding to people with comments like, “We hope to change that soon!”

I honestly think the destruction of the Defender/Discovery over the past 6-8 years will be the death of Land Rover by year 2024.

rlynch356

Bring the hi-lux here and I will buy that ALL-DAY-LONG.....

We have 2 at OEX NC... but only on 3 year papers

They are incredible. What else out there has a 500k half life, gets 45mpg on the highway, holds as much as an f150 in the bed?

Basic interior, fully boxed frames, you name it, those are tough.

Chicken tax is killing us... and soon to be on all imports

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
The video does have a LR vibe about it. Steering wheel looks out of the new Ram 1500.
Its very ambitious project. a SUV in the background looks like this

Attachments

• 04bca639-34de-4f54-9c32-cf115a935d57-large.jpeg
    04bca639-34de-4f54-9c32-cf115a935d57-large.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 197

BarryO

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
This is basically an LR4 with a new badge. Where is the Defender?

We've seen pics of two LWB vehicles, and one SWB. Hard to tell what the roof and bonnet will actually be like.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
I like the LR4 as well. This should be the new LR4/Discovery. The new Defender should be next level off-road/modification worthy.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
It's good news that they are using and external tire carrier like that. And with these photos you can see what I was speculating before, that the entire top, and possibly the bonnet, is basically duct-taped panels, not the real thing. That's why I Photoshopped that SWB a while back.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
One thing is for sure from these pics, it will have the rolled 'shoulders' along the length of the body as we've seen from the Series II on through Defender. I still think the bonnet will be a version of what the Defender has with wings. And the roof line will be stepped in some way, probably from the wind screen back to passenger doors.

rlynch356

For a 110 the rear overhang is too short to be usable... it?s good for off road though. But for load it sucks

Red90

Yep. Just another crap SUV. Clearance underneath is crap for off road use. I?m sure it still gave the two coolers in front of the front tires like the Disco 5 as well. Completely clueless on real off road use.

The_Vermonster

I think the Wrangler in its current form isn't long for this world. I bet we see something similar to the Cherokee from it. It just isn't going to keep up with modern safety standards.

I don't really care if they call the successor to the LR4 a Defender. The New Disco is a Ford Explorer. If I don't get a Defender, I'll happily buy a soccer mom's used LR4 when they flood the market.

mgreenspan

Founding Member
Nope. Jeep sales numbers are too dependent on Wrangler sales. They change it too far from what it is and they’re screwed.