How to change the transmission for freeways?

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
x2 My limiting factor now is that I have 4:11 gears which puts the speedo (and fuel injection ecu speed signal) off. The fuel injectors cut off when my speedo reads 94 which I think is under 80 mph. I definitely hit 90 several times without effort before I switched the gears.

I'm not running a speed signal on the gems 90. I think the ecu is looking for it because it occasionally will stall @ a stop sign. Need to turn that off with a T4
so its not looking for the signal and see what happens.

What is the downside of not providing the speed signal to the ECU on a 14cux truck ?

Here's a shot from my iphone speedo app on the trip down to Overland Expo East. I was trying to get a handle on actual fuel use so I started the trip after filling up. The avg and top speeds and miles driven were what I was after.

Attachments

• IMG_2600.jpg
    IMG_2600.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 160

Red90

What is the downside of not providing the speed signal to the ECU on a 14cux truck ?

It changes between an idle fuel map and a driving fuel map. Without it, you will randomly stall when coming to a stop and have idle control issues. It will also waste a bit of fuel as it won't shut off the fuel on overrun.

BarryO

Convinced Defender owners have to give in and learn to enjoy the RH lane at 55 sometimes.

^^This. IMO if you want to roar up steep inclines at 75 MPH at low rpm's, you'd be better off driving a different rig.