Seat Box questions

FlyersFan76

Ok so I have a couple questions but I think I can put that all here. I might have to update later tonight as I might not have a good picture of one of the questions.

1. Anyone know which grommets and plugs I need for these holes? I ordered what I thought was correct but they seem too big. The openings are 35mm. I am sure I can just go to local auto parts but not sure. Need 2 for battery cables and 3 or more for blanks.

2. Anyone have good measurements/pictures for where the holes for the parking brake cable comes through and mounts? As you can see the original box was butchered and my measurement might be a little off. Might not matter but I do not want to be too off.

3. My original seat box had an easy battery disconnect switch. I have 1 battery and the battery disconnect connected to the negative cables. I was looking at bluesea systems m Series but wanted to make sure what do get. Should it connect to the negative? What are others using? It is the silver handle in the seat box picture.

4. Is it ok to put dynamat, stinger, etc on the underside(outside) of the seatbox? Should I put it on the inside or both? I am planning on LineXing the interior at a later date but would like to protect truck and myself for the summer driving.

5. Also putting a fuse block in since the box is out. What is the easy place to ground from there?

6. Need to find a better picture. Does anyone have the dimensions of the front to back of these seat rails? When testing seat positioning this weekend I noticed that the front rail bolts are little forward on the seat box when the back of the rail is up against the back of the seat box. I was going to get extensions anyway but now it seems more important just to put the seats back in.

At first I thought I messed up big time but if the seat box was put together any other way the bolts and seat box placement would not fit properly. If I move the back L bracket back the sides would not be flush against the door pillar.

Sorry for the long post.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20161028_181736.jpg
    IMG_20161028_181736.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 170
  • Inkedseat_rails_3__1_LI.jpg
    Inkedseat_rails_3__1_LI.jpg
    816.2 KB · Views: 178
  • Inkednasvldef-vapb-nakatanenga-sitzschienenverl-ngerungen-edelstahl-1-wz_LI.jpg
    Inkednasvldef-vapb-nakatanenga-sitzschienenverl-ngerungen-edelstahl-1-wz_LI.jpg
    606.7 KB · Views: 169
  • Inkedpremium-seat-rails-black_LI.jpg
    Inkedpremium-seat-rails-black_LI.jpg
    854.6 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_20170426_073459.jpg
    IMG_20170426_073459.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 178

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
If you can, always ground to the frame. Shouldn't be hard from the seat box.

The various holes can be plugged with various plugs got from various sources -- just like I'm trying to do with mine!

Blue Sea is a good way to go. Look for posts on battery set-ups for actual part numbers. Personally, I'm going to get a dual set up with a fully manual switch that 100% separates the batteries when I want them to be, etc...

People keep telling me that the parking brake handle for the LT85 I used to have will not work with the R380 I currently have. I have not looked into it deeply, but I'm pretty sure my cable will fit right to the handle I have. I've seen others put a handle up on top of the box. In other words, whatever works. You might have to fab something, or buy new parts, but it shouldn't be too much trouble.

FlyersFan76

Got it thanks.

I noticed that on the rails of my seats there is an extra tab so I might have been measuring from the wrong holes.

Or as I just realized while driving to work this morning that the seats rails might not have been in the correct slid position. doh.