1995 Range Rover Classic SWB

crown14

Where to begin about this one, as many of you know I have quite a healthy obsession with the Range Rover Classic, and the 1995 RRC in particular. I can't count straight at the moment, but I am fairly sure this is either number 6 or 7 in less than a decade. Not only is this the slightly more rare SWB version, forget all the typical "rust free" or "looks great" accolades you have come to expect in these ads. What makes this one special is the spirit that continues to shine through. It shines with a dignity that you would come to expect from the last of the true Range Rovers. It shines through the hole in the hood. It shines through the gaping, jagged chasms in the floors and body sills. And it bleeds the blood of a tried and true Rover, a Rover most worthy of wearing the green oval badge. That blood drains primarily from the front diff housing now, since the transfer case and obliterated brake pipes have run a bit dry.
But please, don't write it off yet. There has never been a more fun specimen than this one, at least I haven't found it yet, in my ownership of somewhere near 200 Land Rovers this is the one that feels ALIVE. And much like a living, breathing person, there is no title, no official claim to ownership of its free spirit. Somewhere there is a written record of it changing hands between past "owners" in New Hampshire, which considering the life it has led, is a but further South than it spent its hard working life. That's right, she is a veteran of the highways and byways of the great state of Maine, to the tune of a mechanically (and electronically) recorded total of nearly a quarter-MILLION miles... and shows it throughout.
But rest assured, the strenth of this Rangie's spirit keeps it going. In fact, ask it for all it can offer, and it will deliver, even when you cry out "enough!" it keeps on, until you kill the ignition, and manually release the stuck throttle cable at the plenum. But boy, while that engine spins, she sure goes! And even at a lesser throttle input, go and go it will, until you furiously grasp the brake lever and pull it skyward, as even though the electronic boosted ABS braking system with traction control DOES work flawlessly, at present time the recent strain of a lap around a competition rock course was more than the left front and left rear brake pipes could bear.

Like the engine speed control, and the braking system, I could go on until my physical form fails me touting the accolades of this magnificent vehicle. But I will stop, with posting my asking price of a pittance, a mere $1000. If she should leave me with only our memories together it would be a shame but the stories are grand enough to last a lifetime.

Thank you for your consideration. :)

Attachments

• BLACK 1995 SWB RRC initial.jpg
    BLACK 1995 SWB RRC initial.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 331
  • BLACK 1995 SWB RRC.jpg
    BLACK 1995 SWB RRC.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 385

Jeff B

8. You are welcome to comment on For Sale posts if you are interested in the item or have concerns about the legitimacy of the item or legality of the transaction. However, if your intent is to bitch about the price or gripe about the perceived value, do not post.

Well, according to rule #8, there isn't much I can say about your RANGE.....

:)

crown14

ACTUALLY I am not sure if the people who make the rules on for sale areas of forums realize this, but ANY discussion about a for sale item is still a good thing. About 10 years ago on Dweb I posted a D2 for sale as a "Discovery Series Eleven" and that thread got more views because of the dumb title and associated shit posts that followed that the truck sold to a local guy who never would have otherwise noticed it.

I don't post anything, anywhere, ever that I don't feel I can defend reasonably, so shit on my posts, go ahead, I am not a pussy about it. :)

4wdtravel

I kind of miss this one. She was a great patient here in hospice care. Glad she's getting the last ride she deserves. Keep that 3.9 spinning

crown14

I drove it again yesterday, the engine runs so well, it has to have been rebuilt. It doesn't burn OR leak any oil.

4wdtravel

Its also silent, not a single ticking noise. Although the half gallon 20W50 transfusion could be helping.