What have you done to your DEFENDER today?

supertreeman

Well-known member
Galvanized chassis swap. Part of basically a total rebuild when it’s all said and done.
99696CA1-F2A0-490E-AE37-ECB3947D8FFA.jpeg
 

4RF RDS

Well-known member
Yes alu bar stock two pieces stewed together and the OEM mount on top to secure it eve more. Slight vibration seen at certain speeds but I I had that with OEM mirror as well.
Close up for you. Cheers
 

Attachments

  • 79BFFF87-3C7E-4FE0-82F1-B2F6371CF79E.jpeg
    79BFFF87-3C7E-4FE0-82F1-B2F6371CF79E.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 31
  • DF6CA5CA-9522-464E-806F-E43748BB5A57.jpeg
    DF6CA5CA-9522-464E-806F-E43748BB5A57.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 31

CDN38

Well-known member
Wiper park switch was replaced 6 months ago. So I finally got around to putting my programable intermittent wiper relay back in. (it won't work with a faulty park switch).

It's just a little thing, but it feels like such a luxury on a rainy day!
 

vtlandrover

Active member
Fresh tracks. Mac's tie-down tracks.

Knowing that I always work on my Land Rovers alone - and that my arms aren't long enough to reach around the tub to hold a spanner - LR had the courtesy to use threaded bases where the Puma forward-facing seats mount.
 

Attachments

  • 29CAC041-D79C-4474-8A5A-AE1E0A2D3158.jpeg
    29CAC041-D79C-4474-8A5A-AE1E0A2D3158.jpeg
    239.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 1FC2DB59-A3F2-4DB2-AD13-04FD4D13C51F.jpeg
    1FC2DB59-A3F2-4DB2-AD13-04FD4D13C51F.jpeg
    240.9 KB · Views: 26

evilfij

Well-known member
I replaced the radiator plug and the top fill plug with brass ones from Zach at RN (I bought enough to do all my rovers). Now that sounds like it would be easy, but the fill one was seized, then it ate a screw extractor and all the drilling in the world would not get it out, so I ended up replacing both hard lines (which involved breaking 2 hose clamps). But now shiny brass ones which happily go in and out. She also got stickers and an oil change from my mechanic and he did the exhaust collector gaskets.
 

jymmiejamz

Founding Member
Callsign: KN4JHI
I replaced the radiator plug and the top fill plug with brass ones from Zach at RN (I bought enough to do all my rovers). Now that sounds like it would be easy, but the fill one was seized, then it ate a screw extractor and all the drilling in the world would not get it out, so I ended up replacing both hard lines (which involved breaking 2 hose clamps). But now shiny brass ones which happily go in and out. She also got stickers and an oil change from my mechanic and he did the exhaust collector gaskets.
Belmetric has the correct Norma hose clamps
 

rocky

Well-known member
Having driven to SC and back ( yes again) got to go out with y 90 for a ride. Six having to miss out on the Summer Solstice weekend @ Winter Romp, but family first.
 

CDN38

Well-known member
Finally getting around to recovering the headliner and working on putting up some Dynamat. I think it's been the plan to do this for close to 4 years now. Always get to your own projects last... Couple more small pieces to go... Really do wonder why when I finally get to it, I pick he hottest, most muggy day of the year so far. Amazed at just how hot the roof gets (it's dark grey metallic on the outside). The headliner readily shields the inside from heat.
IMG_1064.jpeg
 

KND

Active member
Finally getting around to recovering the headliner and working on putting up some Dynamat. I think it's been the plan to do this for close to 4 years now. Always get to your own projects last... Couple more small pieces to go... Really do wonder why when I finally get to it, I pick he hottest, most muggy day of the year so far. Amazed at just how hot the roof gets (it's dark grey metallic on the outside). The headliner readily shields the inside from heat.View attachment 19874

That's that best update I ever done to my Defender 90, wife really love it. Contrary to popular belief, it make a huge different between the stock Defender.
 

evilfij

Well-known member
I sawzalled off the door tops. One was so stuck it sheered the metal tube in the door (this one I spun off after sawzalling the front stud). It took a 20 ton press to get the stud out of the tube. All this after running drill bits all around too.

And these were southern doors that were rust free ….

Insanity.
 

Attachments

  • 02CF2EE1-ED80-4FD0-8409-A7C2F886A860.jpeg
    02CF2EE1-ED80-4FD0-8409-A7C2F886A860.jpeg
    260.4 KB · Views: 31
Top